My husband is in the military and we are PCSing to Mayport-Jacksonville in the spring. I have two kids, one in elementary school and one in middle school/junior high. My husband has said he doesn't mind a longer commute if it means a better education for the kids. Unfortunately, I haven't heard great things about the Jacksonville schools and I've been looking in all the surrounding cities/counties. I've heard good things about Yulee. I've been checking out Orange Park. St. John's schools look good, but I heard they're becoming overcrowded. Low crime & awesome schools is what I'm looking for...can someone weigh in please? Thank you!
Great Schools, Low crime around Jax?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston area -- nature
- 2 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 3 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 4 4 week family trip ideas
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 8 California & French Polynesia
- 9 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 10 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 13 SFO black friday traffic
- 14 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 15 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 16 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 17 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 18 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 19 Dining in Manhattan
- 20 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 21 American Honeymoon in March
- 22 How to dress in Vegas
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?