We travelled to central/south-central Alaska for twelve days from June 25 to July 7. Except for a horribly rainy day in Denali, we had a great trip, saw lots of wildlife and ate better than we expected to. Started in Fairbanks, then to Denali, Girdwood, Seward and Homer before coming home from Anchorage. Roads were generally good, traffic light (to a city dweller). I’m not good at detailed trip reports, but wanted to report on some tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc. that may be helpful to others. Will post details as replies.
Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 2 USA trip
- 3 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 4 Cape Cod in October
- 5 Air Connections on Maui
- 6 Theater Historians
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 9 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 15 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 16 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Getaway
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Boston hotel & transportation
- 25 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014