We travelled to central/south-central Alaska for twelve days from June 25 to July 7. Except for a horribly rainy day in Denali, we had a great trip, saw lots of wildlife and ate better than we expected to. Started in Fairbanks, then to Denali, Girdwood, Seward and Homer before coming home from Anchorage. Roads were generally good, traffic light (to a city dweller). I’m not good at detailed trip reports, but wanted to report on some tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc. that may be helpful to others. Will post details as replies.
Great Driving Trip to Alaska, June/July 2014
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 2 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 5 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 6 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 7 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 8 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 9 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 Houston in September
- 12 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 13 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 14 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 15 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 16 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 17 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 18 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 19 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 20 New York Trip
- 21 Balloon fest hotels
- 22 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 23 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 24 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 25 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?