I am planning a July anniversary trip to surprise my wife. I have been looking at the anniversary package at the Grand on Mackinac Island. The package indicates that it includes a five course dinner each night. That would be an important part of the stay. I saw a post from someone who had stayed at the Grand and had dinner there. The person indicated that the food was mediocre. It may be that she had one mediocre meal on a bad evening. It has planted doubt in my mind as to whether I should stick with the package, or instead, book the room and provide for my dinners elsewhere. Since we have never stayed there I need input from someone familiar with the Hotel and the restaurant. Any informaation would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 2 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 3 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 4 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 5 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 6 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 7 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 8 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 9 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 10 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 11 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 12 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 13 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 14 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 15 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 16 Summer trip
- 17 How many states have you been to?
- 18 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 19 Florida keys trip
- 20 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 21 Route Planning for East USA
- 22 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 23 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 24 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 25 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...