I am planning a July anniversary trip to surprise my wife. I have been looking at the anniversary package at the Grand on Mackinac Island. The package indicates that it includes a five course dinner each night. That would be an important part of the stay. I saw a post from someone who had stayed at the Grand and had dinner there. The person indicated that the food was mediocre. It may be that she had one mediocre meal on a bad evening. It has planted doubt in my mind as to whether I should stick with the package, or instead, book the room and provide for my dinners elsewhere. Since we have never stayed there I need input from someone familiar with the Hotel and the restaurant. Any informaation would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 2 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 3 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 4 10 Days in Maine
- 5 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 6 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 7 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 8 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 9 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 10 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 11 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 12 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 13 sugestions
- 14 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 15 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 16 Miami for 2 days
- 17 More problems for Big Sur
- 18 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 19 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 20 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 21 Las Vegas trip report
- 22 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 23 Boston area hotels
- 24 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 25 Santa Fe Itineray