I am planning a July anniversary trip to surprise my wife. I have been looking at the anniversary package at the Grand on Mackinac Island. The package indicates that it includes a five course dinner each night. That would be an important part of the stay. I saw a post from someone who had stayed at the Grand and had dinner there. The person indicated that the food was mediocre. It may be that she had one mediocre meal on a bad evening. It has planted doubt in my mind as to whether I should stick with the package, or instead, book the room and provide for my dinners elsewhere. Since we have never stayed there I need input from someone familiar with the Hotel and the restaurant. Any informaation would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 2 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 3 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 4 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 5 Adirondacks trip repot
- 6 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 7 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 8 Venice, CA area
- 9 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 10 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 11 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 12 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 13 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 14 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 15 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 16 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 17 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 18 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 19 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 20 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 21 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 22 Rhode Island Get Away
- 23 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 24 Vancouver to Washington State
- 25 San Diego with teens in Februsry