I am planning a July anniversary trip to surprise my wife. I have been looking at the anniversary package at the Grand on Mackinac Island. The package indicates that it includes a five course dinner each night. That would be an important part of the stay. I saw a post from someone who had stayed at the Grand and had dinner there. The person indicated that the food was mediocre. It may be that she had one mediocre meal on a bad evening. It has planted doubt in my mind as to whether I should stick with the package, or instead, book the room and provide for my dinners elsewhere. Since we have never stayed there I need input from someone familiar with the Hotel and the restaurant. Any informaation would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 2 Help me with this
- 3 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 4 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 5 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 6 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 7 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 8 New Orleans
- 9 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 10 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 11 Oregon road trip
- 12 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 13 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 14 Weather in Chicago
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day