My son and I are going to GC on April 1- it was a bit of last minute decision to use his spring break time. Obviously, the lodges were booked a year ago but we found a place in Tusayan in GC, where we will be for three nights ( first night just arriving) and then drive to Zion/ Bryce area for another three nights (again, first day is travel time). It's my first time there and given there short period for research, I would appreciate any itinerary suggestions.
I like us to go down to the valley and the river if possible. My son is 18 and a big guy, but has special needs and while he is physically strong and capable,he will not do very steep slopes, or highly difficult trials. I don't think he will agree to ride a mule, either. Having said that, we do tend to push it as much as possible, and he does what he can. He loves water features, like waterfalls and the like.
We are arriving on the night of April 1st (flying to Phoenix and driving from there). Staying at Best Western in Tusayan. Will be at GC on April 2 and 3. On the 4th, we will head north to Utah, staying at Zion Mountain Resort. Will be there on the 5th and 6th and the go to Las Vegas to fly back home ( so that we don't drive 8 hours back to Phoenix).
We are booked to dine at El Tavor's dinning room on the night of April 2nd. I am also thinking of driving to Sedona, time permitting, but the focus will be on hiking and exploring the natural wonder of the parks. Would be great to add some interesting activities for him, possibly a train ride, etc. We are also foodies and will travel for good restaurants!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Shows Off
- 2 Philadelphia Movers LLC : Local Moving Company
- 3 Health insurance for Europeans travelling to USA
- 4 San Diego VRBO area
- 5 Local Movers Charlotte NC : Cheap Moving Company
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 8 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 9 help me plan a Cali trip
- 10 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 11 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 12 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 13 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 14 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 15 Wilmington DE questions
- 16 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 17 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 18 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 19 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 22 Muir Woods in October
- 23 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 24 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 25 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes