My son and I are going to GC on April 1- it was a bit of last minute decision to use his spring break time. Obviously, the lodges were booked a year ago but we found a place in Tusayan in GC, where we will be for three nights ( first night just arriving) and then drive to Zion/ Bryce area for another three nights (again, first day is travel time). It's my first time there and given there short period for research, I would appreciate any itinerary suggestions.
I like us to go down to the valley and the river if possible. My son is 18 and a big guy, but has special needs and while he is physically strong and capable,he will not do very steep slopes, or highly difficult trials. I don't think he will agree to ride a mule, either. Having said that, we do tend to push it as much as possible, and he does what he can. He loves water features, like waterfalls and the like.
We are arriving on the night of April 1st (flying to Phoenix and driving from there). Staying at Best Western in Tusayan. Will be at GC on April 2 and 3. On the 4th, we will head north to Utah, staying at Zion Mountain Resort. Will be there on the 5th and 6th and the go to Las Vegas to fly back home ( so that we don't drive 8 hours back to Phoenix).
We are booked to dine at El Tavor's dinning room on the night of April 2nd. I am also thinking of driving to Sedona, time permitting, but the focus will be on hiking and exploring the natural wonder of the parks. Would be great to add some interesting activities for him, possibly a train ride, etc. We are also foodies and will travel for good restaurants!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Grand Canyon/Zion/Bryce Itinerary Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 2 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 3 Weekend in NYC
- 4 Broadway this week
- 5 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 6 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 7 Best Places Suit for Honeymoon
- 8 4 week family trip ideas
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 11 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 12 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 13 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 14 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 15 New York, New York...
- 16 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 17 trains in Europe
- 18 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 19 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 20 USA trip
- 21 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 22 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 23 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 24 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 25 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals