My son and I are going to GC on April 1- it was a bit of last minute decision to use his spring break time. Obviously, the lodges were booked a year ago but we found a place in Tusayan in GC, where we will be for three nights ( first night just arriving) and then drive to Zion/ Bryce area for another three nights (again, first day is travel time). It's my first time there and given there short period for research, I would appreciate any itinerary suggestions.
I like us to go down to the valley and the river if possible. My son is 18 and a big guy, but has special needs and while he is physically strong and capable,he will not do very steep slopes, or highly difficult trials. I don't think he will agree to ride a mule, either. Having said that, we do tend to push it as much as possible, and he does what he can. He loves water features, like waterfalls and the like.
We are arriving on the night of April 1st (flying to Phoenix and driving from there). Staying at Best Western in Tusayan. Will be at GC on April 2 and 3. On the 4th, we will head north to Utah, staying at Zion Mountain Resort. Will be there on the 5th and 6th and the go to Las Vegas to fly back home ( so that we don't drive 8 hours back to Phoenix).
We are booked to dine at El Tavor's dinning room on the night of April 2nd. I am also thinking of driving to Sedona, time permitting, but the focus will be on hiking and exploring the natural wonder of the parks. Would be great to add some interesting activities for him, possibly a train ride, etc. We are also foodies and will travel for good restaurants!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 2 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 3 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 4 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 5 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 6 Pacific coast road trip
- 7 Maine
- 8 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 9 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 10 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 11 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 12 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 13 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 14 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 18 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 19 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 20 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 21 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 22 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 23 Austin with Kids
- 24 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 25 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car