My son and I are going to GC on April 1- it was a bit of last minute decision to use his spring break time. Obviously, the lodges were booked a year ago but we found a place in Tusayan in GC, where we will be for three nights ( first night just arriving) and then drive to Zion/ Bryce area for another three nights (again, first day is travel time). It's my first time there and given there short period for research, I would appreciate any itinerary suggestions.
I like us to go down to the valley and the river if possible. My son is 18 and a big guy, but has special needs and while he is physically strong and capable,he will not do very steep slopes, or highly difficult trials. I don't think he will agree to ride a mule, either. Having said that, we do tend to push it as much as possible, and he does what he can. He loves water features, like waterfalls and the like.
We are arriving on the night of April 1st (flying to Phoenix and driving from there). Staying at Best Western in Tusayan. Will be at GC on April 2 and 3. On the 4th, we will head north to Utah, staying at Zion Mountain Resort. Will be there on the 5th and 6th and the go to Las Vegas to fly back home ( so that we don't drive 8 hours back to Phoenix).
We are booked to dine at El Tavor's dinning room on the night of April 2nd. I am also thinking of driving to Sedona, time permitting, but the focus will be on hiking and exploring the natural wonder of the parks. Would be great to add some interesting activities for him, possibly a train ride, etc. We are also foodies and will travel for good restaurants!
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Grand Canyon/Zion/Bryce Itinerary Suggestions?
- 1 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 6 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 7 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 10 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 11 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 12 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 13 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 14 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 15 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 16 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 17 Question about Boulder area
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 20 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 21 Grand Canyon in March?
- 22 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 23 California Tour Groups?
- 24 Hotel near Public Theater
- 25 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona