We are going to the Grand Canyon for the Star Party and are uncertain what else we should be sure to do while we are out there. We have 2 nights reserved at the South Rim (Thursday and Friday) and we are flying in and out of Phoenix. Right now we are staying in Sedona when we first arrive for 4 nights we have an open night and then to the Canyon and the last night in Phoenix so we can catch an early flight out. Things like the indian cave ruins hold interest as do a float trip (no big rapids). Can we do that easily from Sedona or should we spend some time somewhere else and where should we stay the night before Grand Canyon? Light hiking would be okay with the group and am a little concerned I will od quickly on the red rock scenery since it is not really my thing.
grand canyon trip itenerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 2 Travel West Coast
- 3 Where to go in Maine?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 6 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 11 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 12 Rafting near Denali
- 13 Colorado in the summer!
- 14 Kennebunkport and....?
- 15 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 16 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 17 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 18 WISCONSIN
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 23 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 24 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 25 New York City Restaurants