We are going to the Grand Canyon for the Star Party and are uncertain what else we should be sure to do while we are out there. We have 2 nights reserved at the South Rim (Thursday and Friday) and we are flying in and out of Phoenix. Right now we are staying in Sedona when we first arrive for 4 nights we have an open night and then to the Canyon and the last night in Phoenix so we can catch an early flight out. Things like the indian cave ruins hold interest as do a float trip (no big rapids). Can we do that easily from Sedona or should we spend some time somewhere else and where should we stay the night before Grand Canyon? Light hiking would be okay with the group and am a little concerned I will od quickly on the red rock scenery since it is not really my thing.
grand canyon trip itenerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 2 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 3 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Green Flea in NYC
- 11 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 Orlando in March
- 14 New England September
- 15 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 18 Cross Country RV Trip
- 19 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 24 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 25 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?