We are going to the Grand Canyon for the Star Party and are uncertain what else we should be sure to do while we are out there. We have 2 nights reserved at the South Rim (Thursday and Friday) and we are flying in and out of Phoenix. Right now we are staying in Sedona when we first arrive for 4 nights we have an open night and then to the Canyon and the last night in Phoenix so we can catch an early flight out. Things like the indian cave ruins hold interest as do a float trip (no big rapids). Can we do that easily from Sedona or should we spend some time somewhere else and where should we stay the night before Grand Canyon? Light hiking would be okay with the group and am a little concerned I will od quickly on the red rock scenery since it is not really my thing.
grand canyon trip itenerary
View all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 2 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 3 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 6 Biloxi questions again
- 7 San Antonio
- 8 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 9 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 10 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 19 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 20 Vero Beach FL
- 21 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 22 Question about Boulder area
- 23 Camping near Vail, Colorado
- 24 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 25 Savanah Sojourn