We are two families with children aged between 11 and 18 yrs, planning a trip in April of next year to Zion national park, Bryce national park and South rim of Grand Canyon in that order. We are renting an RV in Las Vegas for this trip and we'll be spending one night each at Zion and Bryce and two nights at Grand Canyon. If any of you has done a similar trip before, I'd love to hear any dos and don'ts and pointers towards what we should pack, campsite facilities such as availability of water and hookups, sights or activities not to be missed (keeping the age of our kids in mind), etc. I have been reading up, but I love the practical tips that I get on this forum. In the past they have been invaluable for my trip planning. So any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Grand Canyon trip in RV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 ONP help
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 11 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 16 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr