We are two families with children aged between 11 and 18 yrs, planning a trip in April of next year to Zion national park, Bryce national park and South rim of Grand Canyon in that order. We are renting an RV in Las Vegas for this trip and we'll be spending one night each at Zion and Bryce and two nights at Grand Canyon. If any of you has done a similar trip before, I'd love to hear any dos and don'ts and pointers towards what we should pack, campsite facilities such as availability of water and hookups, sights or activities not to be missed (keeping the age of our kids in mind), etc. I have been reading up, but I love the practical tips that I get on this forum. In the past they have been invaluable for my trip planning. So any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Grand Canyon trip in RV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California San Diego area lodging
- 2 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 3 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 4 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 5 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 6 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 7 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 8 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 9 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 10 Advice on Roadtrip
- 11 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 12 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 13 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 14 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 15 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 16 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 21 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 22 from Moab to Bryce
- 23 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 24 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 25 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle