We are two families with children aged between 11 and 18 yrs, planning a trip in April of next year to Zion national park, Bryce national park and South rim of Grand Canyon in that order. We are renting an RV in Las Vegas for this trip and we'll be spending one night each at Zion and Bryce and two nights at Grand Canyon. If any of you has done a similar trip before, I'd love to hear any dos and don'ts and pointers towards what we should pack, campsite facilities such as availability of water and hookups, sights or activities not to be missed (keeping the age of our kids in mind), etc. I have been reading up, but I love the practical tips that I get on this forum. In the past they have been invaluable for my trip planning. So any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Grand Canyon trip in RV
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 3 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 4 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 5 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 6 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 7 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 8 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 9 Jersey City Parking
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 14 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 15 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 16 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 17 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 18 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 19 Alaska cruise and land
- 20 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 23 NYC taxi vs car service
- 24 rain in Kauai
- 25 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco