We are two families with children aged between 11 and 18 yrs, planning a trip in April of next year to Zion national park, Bryce national park and South rim of Grand Canyon in that order. We are renting an RV in Las Vegas for this trip and we'll be spending one night each at Zion and Bryce and two nights at Grand Canyon. If any of you has done a similar trip before, I'd love to hear any dos and don'ts and pointers towards what we should pack, campsite facilities such as availability of water and hookups, sights or activities not to be missed (keeping the age of our kids in mind), etc. I have been reading up, but I love the practical tips that I get on this forum. In the past they have been invaluable for my trip planning. So any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 2 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 3 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 4 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 7 Farewell from Ira
- 8 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 9 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 10 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 11 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 12 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 13 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 14 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 15 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 16 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 17 chicago to hibbing
- 18 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 19 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 20 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 21 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 22 Pacific coast road trip
- 23 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 24 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 25 Arlington Hotels