I am planning on visiting the Grand Canyon in late August with my husband and 2 children (14 & 10 years old). We are staying at Maswick Lodge. The plan is to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon on Monday, arriving midday. We are considering leaving Friday, but have been told that is a long time (3 full days there) -- we are better off leaving on Thursday. that sounds short to me. we have never visited the Grand Canyon so I am not sure what is best. I also have overall questions on hikes -- while we are not experienced/advanced hikers, we do want a slightly challenging hike. Are there guided tours or do we just get a hiking brochure and follow that? Thanks everyone.
Grand Canyon: Is 2-3 full days enough?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 West Coast Road Trip
- 2 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 3 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 4 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 5 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 6 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 7 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 8 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 9 East Coast Road Trip
- 10 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 11 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 14 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 15 Pirateland SC
- 16 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 17 San Diego with Kids
- 18 Metro Card Options
- 19 Maui itinerary
- 20 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 21 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 22 getting around DC
- 23 California
- 24 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 25 Travel between Maui and Big Island