I am planning on visiting the Grand Canyon in late August with my husband and 2 children (14 & 10 years old). We are staying at Maswick Lodge. The plan is to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon on Monday, arriving midday. We are considering leaving Friday, but have been told that is a long time (3 full days there) -- we are better off leaving on Thursday. that sounds short to me. we have never visited the Grand Canyon so I am not sure what is best. I also have overall questions on hikes -- while we are not experienced/advanced hikers, we do want a slightly challenging hike. Are there guided tours or do we just get a hiking brochure and follow that? Thanks everyone.
Grand Canyon: Is 2-3 full days enough?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 2 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 3 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 7 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 8 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 16 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 19 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 24 Maui vacation
- 25 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands