I am planning on visiting the Grand Canyon in late August with my husband and 2 children (14 & 10 years old). We are staying at Maswick Lodge. The plan is to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon on Monday, arriving midday. We are considering leaving Friday, but have been told that is a long time (3 full days there) -- we are better off leaving on Thursday. that sounds short to me. we have never visited the Grand Canyon so I am not sure what is best. I also have overall questions on hikes -- while we are not experienced/advanced hikers, we do want a slightly challenging hike. Are there guided tours or do we just get a hiking brochure and follow that? Thanks everyone.
Grand Canyon: Is 2-3 full days enough?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 2 Boston/Fenway park
- 3 California self drive trip
- 4 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 5 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 6 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 7 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 8 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 9 Timeshare Nightmares
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 12 10 day trip to California
- 13 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 14 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 15 Drive along the Columbia River
- 16 Wine Country Picnic
- 17 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 18 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 19 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 20 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 21 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Where to go in Maine?
- 24 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles