I am planning on visiting the Grand Canyon in late August with my husband and 2 children (14 & 10 years old). We are staying at Maswick Lodge. The plan is to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon on Monday, arriving midday. We are considering leaving Friday, but have been told that is a long time (3 full days there) -- we are better off leaving on Thursday. that sounds short to me. we have never visited the Grand Canyon so I am not sure what is best. I also have overall questions on hikes -- while we are not experienced/advanced hikers, we do want a slightly challenging hike. Are there guided tours or do we just get a hiking brochure and follow that? Thanks everyone.
Grand Canyon: Is 2-3 full days enough?
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 3 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 4 Newport, RI Questions
- 5 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 6 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 7 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!
- 8 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 9 Planning Road Trip Seattle to Denver and Back
- 10 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 11 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 12 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 13 American Airlines reservation question
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 16 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 17 Car trip from Seattle
- 18 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 19 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 20 Best timeshare in Branson?
- 21 Dennisport: Haigis Beach v. Sea Street Beach
- 22 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 23 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 24 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 25 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport