I am planning on visiting the Grand Canyon in late August with my husband and 2 children (14 & 10 years old). We are staying at Maswick Lodge. The plan is to drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon on Monday, arriving midday. We are considering leaving Friday, but have been told that is a long time (3 full days there) -- we are better off leaving on Thursday. that sounds short to me. we have never visited the Grand Canyon so I am not sure what is best. I also have overall questions on hikes -- while we are not experienced/advanced hikers, we do want a slightly challenging hike. Are there guided tours or do we just get a hiking brochure and follow that? Thanks everyone.
Grand Canyon: Is 2-3 full days enough?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 9 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 10 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 11 Atlanta with kids
- 12 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 15 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Family Camp in Maine
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon