We are in for an ambitious 5 day trip to the GC (south rim), Bryce, and Zion.
Add to that one night's stay at Las Vegas!!
Wish us luck, and advise!
07/03-Arrive at LAs Vegas at 10am. Stay overnight
07/04-Drive to the South Rim. Found a last minute spot at the El Tovar. Yay!
07/05-Drive to Bryce(??)
07/06-Drive to Zion. Staying at the Zion lodge
07/07-Flight at 10pm from Las Vegas.
We have no otel reservations for Bryce yet, sill contemplating if I should skip Bryce, spend an extra day at the GC, and then drive straight to Zion?
Also, we would be travelling with a 5 year old. And are basically interested in the feel of the place, horse back rides in the canyons, and easy hikes.
We have been to Las Vegas before, so the night at LV would just be enough to revisit it.
Would much appreciate your inputs on the itinerary, routes, stopovers along the routes, etc
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 7 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 8 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 General Utah planning questions
- 11 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 15 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 16 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 17 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 18 New York City Christmas Trip
- 19 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 20 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 21 Colorado Skiing
- 22 American Honeymoon in March
- 23 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area