We are in for an ambitious 5 day trip to the GC (south rim), Bryce, and Zion.
Add to that one night's stay at Las Vegas!!
Wish us luck, and advise!
07/03-Arrive at LAs Vegas at 10am. Stay overnight
07/04-Drive to the South Rim. Found a last minute spot at the El Tovar. Yay!
07/05-Drive to Bryce(??)
07/06-Drive to Zion. Staying at the Zion lodge
07/07-Flight at 10pm from Las Vegas.
We have no otel reservations for Bryce yet, sill contemplating if I should skip Bryce, spend an extra day at the GC, and then drive straight to Zion?
Also, we would be travelling with a 5 year old. And are basically interested in the feel of the place, horse back rides in the canyons, and easy hikes.
We have been to Las Vegas before, so the night at LV would just be enough to revisit it.
Would much appreciate your inputs on the itinerary, routes, stopovers along the routes, etc
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 2 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 3 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 4 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 5 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 6 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 7 Boston area hotels
- 8 More problems for Big Sur
- 9 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 10 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 13 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 14 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 15 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 16 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 17 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 18 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 19 Miami for 2 days
- 20 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 21 Great Falls or Helena?
- 22 What to request?
- 23 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 24 What to see in Portland
- 25 How much cash do you travel with?