I will be in Chicago next summer for work and would like to spend a week hiking after that. Can anyone tell me where the best hiking is in Wisconsin or Michigan (or maybe Minnesota if it's not too too far). I like pretty strenuous hikes, (at least strenuous by my middle aged standards), in the 15 mile range. I assume there's not a whole lot of elevation gain in that part of the country, but the higher the better. Thanks
good hiking in Michigan or Wisconsin?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 2 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 4 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 9 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 10 Universal studios/Orlando
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Wedding venue in NH
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 17 NYC theatre broadway
- 18 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Alaska
- 21 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 22 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 23 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 24 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?