When we land in LA airport we are going to stay for two nights before heading to palm springs. It is our first time visit LA and I'm getting confused about the best place to base ourselves!! We will be a party of 6 adults.
I have found a good priced room in El Segundo, near manhatten beach? We will have car. Would this be a good place to stay? Or are we better looking for something more central?
If we did stay here, would be we best driving into the main areas, such as Beverley Hills, Hollywood stars etc, or is it easier to use public transport to save parking and traffic hassle?
We are staying on the coast for our second week after palm springs so we will probaby see the beaches then? I would like to see Venice and Santa Monica though.
Thanks in advance for your help!!
Good base for 2 days in LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels Philly
- 2 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 3 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 6 Green Flea in NYC
- 7 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 8 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 9 Orlando in March
- 10 New England September
- 11 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 12 Ackislander
- 13 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 14 Cross Country RV Trip
- 15 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 18 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 19 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 20 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 21 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 22 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 23 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 24 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ