After spending 3 days in Durango riding the train/jeep tour, seeing Mesa Verde, we will be headed back to the Denver airport. I'm thinking in one day we will drive to Telluride & take the gondola ride there, then on to see the Black Canyons of the Gunnison, and try making it to Salida that night. Any other must-do's along the way? I also could use suggestions of where to grab lunch/dinner & how early of a start we'll need to get.
gondolas & canyons - traveling Durango to Salida
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 Seafood
- 4 Boston
- 5 Road Trip SW
- 6 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 7 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 8 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 13 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 14 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 15 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 18 Boston/Salem with kids
- 19 Connecticut River Byway
- 20 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 21 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 22 San Diego farmer's markets
- 23 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 24 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 25 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?