I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 2 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 3 Zion and Bryce in July
- 4 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 5 Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 7 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 8 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 9 What to pack
- 10 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 11 First time, Best business class?
- 12 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 13 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 14 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 15 Kids Vacation Place
- 16 Desert Southwest
- 17 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 18 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 19 Boston waterfront Italian
- 20 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 21 US-Canada road trip help
- 22 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 23 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 24 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 25 Mardi Gras