I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 2 Philadelphia - Safe?
- 3 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 4 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 5 DC restaurant report
- 6 Arizona in winter
- 7 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 8 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 9 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 10 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 11 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 12 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 13 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 14 Arizona in late January
- 15 A Few Days in Asheville
- 16 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 17 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 18 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 19 Key West
- 20 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 21 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 22 moving to Florida
- 23 Neue Galerie
- 24 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 25 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge