I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 3 Recent Spam Attacks
- 4 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 5 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 6 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 7 Eastern Seaboard
- 8 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 9 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 10 Miami airport--safety??
- 11 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 12 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 13 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 14 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 15 US whole month of January where to
- 16 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 17 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 18 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 19 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 20 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 21 Cleveland West Side Market
- 22 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 23 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 24 Maui - luau question
- 25 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan