I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Going to the Subway Series in June
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 2 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 3 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach