I'm surprising my husband for his birthday in June and taking him to the Yankees-Mets game. He's always wanted to see a game in Yankee Stadium, and now's the time before it's gone. We're staying at the Marriott Courtyard Midtown East (3rd Ave. and 50th).
Any suggestions for restaurants in the area or a short cab ride away? No Mexican, Indian, or vegetarian please. I'd also like to go to the Central Park Zoo and have lunch at Tavern on the Green. I know it's touristy, and I'm open to other suggestions.
We will have a 2 1/2 year old with us for the zoo and lunch. On game day, we plan on taking a cab to the game (little one staying back at the hotel). Game starts at 1:00PM, how much time do we need to get to Yankee Stadium? Any suggestions for a good lunch around the stadium? Then back to the Marriott for the evening, so could use another good restaurant suggestion. Any thoughts on BLT Steak? Thanks so much for any help on this!
Going to the Subway Series in June
- 1 D.C. in a day
- 2 Using public transit in San Diego
- 3 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 4 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 5 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 6 Boston Area College Tour
- 7 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 8 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 9 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 10 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 11 A Visit to Charleston
- 12 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 13 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 14 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing
- 15 Help with NYC transit
- 16 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 17 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 18 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 19 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 22 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 23 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 24 Williamsburg VA
- 25 Driving from Greensboro, NC, to Tampa