DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sightsee in Atlanta During Layover?
- 2 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 3 Daytona Beach and ??
- 4 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 5 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 6 Hawaii is still Hell
- 7 Alaska restaurant prices
- 8 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 12 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 13 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 14 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 15 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 16 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 17 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 18 WEST YELLOWSTONE TO GLACIER NP?
- 19 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 20 DC - WW2 flyover
- 21 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 22 More Wine les Whine in Napa
- 23 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 24 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 25 Where to raise a family in Florida?