DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 2 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 3 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 4 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 5 Wedding venue suggestions - Boston/suburbs
- 6 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 7 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 8 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 9 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 10 can you help me plan a trip?
- 11 Seattle - newby questions
- 12 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 13 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 14 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 15 Restaurants Chicago June
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 18 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 19 tip for valet parking
- 20 New Orleans
- 21 California: Getty museum
- 22 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 23 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 24 NYC hotel/July
- 25 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?