DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 limousine help
- 2 California Coast
- 3 Sunday brunch Kauai this weekend!
- 4 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 5 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 6 Restaurants, Penn Quarter, Washington, DC
- 7 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 8 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 9 Cross-Country trip advice
- 10 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 11 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 12 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 13 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 14 Finding Steve Perry
- 15 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 16 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 17 Washington DC
- 18 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 19 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 20 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 21 Glacier National Park
- 22 Vacation Ideas?
- 23 Wild West Road Trip
- 24 Fall colours first 2 weeks of October Boston area
- 25 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?