DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 General Utah planning questions
- 5 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 6 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 9 Boston area -- nature
- 10 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March