DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Day Family Trip to Grand Canyon - RV or Lodge?
- 2 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 3 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 4 Safety Concerns
- 5 Which benefits are comes after using Nucific BIO X4?
- 6 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 7 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 8 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 9 fort lauderdale
- 10 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 11 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 12 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 13 Redwood National Forest
- 14 What to do in San Diego
- 15 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 16 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 17 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 18 First Trip to Texas -
- 19 5 days in Colorado
- 20 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 21 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 22 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 23 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 24 New Hampshire
- 25 Things to do in Bakersfield
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?