DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?
- 1 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 2 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 3 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 pa to az
- 7 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 8 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 9 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 10 RIP Judy Rogers
- 11 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 12 Princeville in January
- 13 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 14 Savanah Sojourn
- 15 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 16 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 17 Warm and don't Drive
- 18 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 19 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 20 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 21 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 22 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 23 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 24 4 Day Trip to Colorado
- 25 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....