DH and I are going to the College World series in Omaha this coming June. We have our reservations at the Omaha Hilton and got tickets last Saturday morning when they went on sale. We will arrive on Tuesday in time for games 7 and 8, driving from Las Cruces, NM and we will stay through Friday morning, after watching games 9 and 10 on Wednesday and Thursday.
On the drive up we are tentatively planning to overnight near Palo Duro Canyon State Park, just outside of Amarillo, TX and visit the park in the morning. From there we thought we would head towards the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the Flint Hills Scenic Byway, over-nighting somewhere within about a three or four hours drive to Omaha.
Any suggestions as to other scenic sights along this general route ( or places to stay or places to eat ) - we may just head quickly from Amarillo to Omaha and then visit the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and the byway on the way home.
In Omaha, during the day on Wednesday and Thursday, we are thinking of visiting the zoo and Lauritzen Gardens. Coments, other suggestions?
Any suggestions for restaurants in Omaha? We tend to avoid chain restaurants and probably don't want anything too fancy, but we appreciate all types of good food. Suggestions welcome.
We are very excited about going - I have really enjoyed watching the CWS on ESPN and we wanted to get there this year while it was still being held in Rosenblatt Stadium.
All suggestions are gratefully received
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 4 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 5 Retiring in Florida
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Help with first time
- 8 NJ to Florida drive
- 9 Hawaii - where?
- 10 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 11 From the Vine to the Vat
- 12 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 13 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 14 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 15 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 16 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 17 San Diego to San Fransisco
- 18 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 19 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 20 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 21 Brain Booster Formula Brain Plus Iq
- 22 http://rippedrxno2blastcanada.com/blackcore-edge-max/
- 23 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 24 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 25 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
Going to the CWS - What else to do in Omaha and on the way?