This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 2 NYC IN AUGUST
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 5 Chicago trip
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 8 Road Trip SW
- 9 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 10 Fancy dining
- 11 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 12 culpepper
- 13 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 14 Santa Barbara, California
- 15 Essential Information About Travel Insurance
- 16 moving to florida
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 Road trip Houston to DC- where should we stop?
- 20 Will have five days in Savannah
- 21 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 22 May visit to Denali
- 23 Help me o plan a trip from Calary to US
- 24 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 25 3 days, 4 nights in Denver