This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 2 East Coast in December
- 3 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 4 N California trip questions
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 Monterey and Napa
- 10 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 11 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 12 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 13 New England in the fall
- 14 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 15 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 16 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Worst Restaurants in America
- 19 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Fall color yet?
- 22 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 23 Yosemite Lodging
- 24 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please