This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Purchase Novelty Passports,ID's,DL:firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 4 USA trip
- 5 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 6 Chicago Questions
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Air Connections on Maui
- 9 camaro hire in waikiki
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 12 Timeshare Nightmares
- 13 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 14 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 17 Orlando for Work
- 18 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 19 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 20 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 21 NBA tickets??
- 22 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 23 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 24 charlotte
- 25 New York - Quebec itinierary