This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 2 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 3 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 4 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 5 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 6 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 7 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 8 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 9 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 10 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 11 best of yellowstone
- 12 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 13 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 16 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 19 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 20 Vegas hotels for families
- 21 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 22 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 23 San Diego with Kids
- 24 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 25 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.