This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 2 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 3 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 4 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 9 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 10 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 11 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 12 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 13 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 16 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 17 Has anyone used AirBnB to find lodging?
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 20 St. Augustine, Florida
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Where should I move to?
- 25 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.