This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 3 JFK Airport
- 4 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 5 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 6 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 7 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 8 Marco Island
- 9 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 10 things to do near Arches National Park
- 11 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 12 Arches National Park in a day
- 13 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 14 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 15 Breckenridge in October
- 16 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 17 EX-LAX
- 18 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 19 Best place to see Redwoods in December
- 20 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 21 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 N California trip questions
- 24 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 25 My Book of Mormon review