This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san francisco to columbia gorge
- 2 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 3 Sunnyvale to San Franisco and back
- 4 Saison, Chez Panisse, Other Top Restaurants in SF Area
- 5 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 6 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 7 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 8 Charleston, SC 5 days
- 9 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 10 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 11 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 Utah restaurants
- 14 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 15 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 16 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 17 Maui...off the beaten path for one day/night
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 20 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 21 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 22 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 23 Small group dining in Napa area
- 24 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 25 Views from up high in San Francisco