This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 2 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 3 Camping Generator!?
- 4 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 5 Fun girls' weekend in San Antonio - recommendations?
- 6 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 7 Alaska Trip Planning
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 10 Things to do in La Jolla
- 11 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 12 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 13 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 14 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 15 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 16 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 17 New York City-New Things?
- 18 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 19 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 20 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 DC - WW2 flyover
- 25 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah