This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 2 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 3 Seattle - newby questions
- 4 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 5 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 6 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 7 Wedding venue suggestions - Boston/suburbs
- 8 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 9 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 10 San Francisco to LA driving itinerary 8 days
- 11 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 12 can you help me plan a trip?
- 13 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 14 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 15 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 16 Restaurants Chicago June
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 19 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 20 tip for valet parking
- 21 New Orleans
- 22 California: Getty museum
- 23 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 24 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 25 NYC hotel/July