This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 2 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 5 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 6 first time in AZ
- 7 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 10 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Staying at holiday inn express midtown manhattan
- 15 Trip Report - New York & Washington DC – May 30 – June 4, 2014
- 16 Dec / Jan in the USA- advice
- 17 Tucson area flooding
- 18 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 19 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 20 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 21 St. Simon, Georgia
- 22 Petoskey Fall Break?
- 23 Moving to New Jersey
- 24 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 25 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?