This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 2 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 3 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 4 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 5 Balloon fest hotels
- 6 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 7 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 8 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 11 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 12 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 13 Transportation help in Philly
- 14 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 15 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 16 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 17 New York Trip
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 21 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 22 palm desert, CA
- 23 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 24 late-night DC restaurant
- 25 Philadelphia ?