This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 2 Hana hotels in August
- 3 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 4 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 5 Berkshires
- 6 Spring Break in Charleston
- 7 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 8 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 9 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 10 Hana question
- 11 Sea world San Diego
- 12 Hawaii is still Hell
- 13 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 14 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 15 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 16 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 17 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 18 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 19 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 20 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 21 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 22 Montana- what are must see places?
- 23 Clearwater visit.
- 24 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 25 Charleston, SC 5 days