This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 5 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 6 Moving to CT
- 7 Hotels Philly
- 8 Northwest USA
- 9 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 10 Ackislander
- 11 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 12 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 13 san diego or nearby area
- 14 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 15 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 16 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 LA for a day and a half
- 19 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 20 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 21 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 22 Texas
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 25 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks