This coming Saturday (Oct. 5) we're going with several friends to Northeast Harbor, Maine, where we are renting a house for the week. We've been there several times before, so are familiar with the area. We'd planned to do a lot of hiking in Acadia, but unless the government shutdown ends soon, that won't be an option. We'd love to know of any other good hiking trails, especially particularly scenic ones, in the area. I am familiar with the Elliot Mountain Trail that's above the beautiful Thuya Garden, there must be others outside the park. Thanks for any tips!
Going to Mt. Desert Island - alternatives to Acadia for hiking, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 middlebury vt snow
- 3 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 4 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 5 Self guided White House tour
- 6 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 7 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 8 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 9 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 10 Northwest USA
- 11 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 12 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 13 Central Coast-California
- 14 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 15 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 16 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 17 Moving to CT
- 18 Hotels Philly
- 19 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 20 Ackislander
- 21 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 22 san diego or nearby area
- 23 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 24 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 25 LA for a day and a half