Traveling to Colorado Springs to take in Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, etc. Probably will stay two-three days. Does anybody know if the area around either Pikes Peak or Garden of the Gods was impacted by the fires. I have tired without much success to determine what or what was not destroyed. From Colorado Springs will drive north to Boulder with ultimate destination in Estes Park. I was there well over 12 years so probably things have changed. Any ideas of which routes might be best to seeing changing of the leaves. I am trying to time my vacation as best as I can to see the changing of the aspen trees. I would like to stay if possible price wise in cabins vs. a hotel/motel so any suggestions on accommodations would be appreciated. Besides Rocky Mt. National Park and Trail Ridge any ideas of other things to do would be appreciated..Thanks
Going to Estes Park in late September-early October.
- 1 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 2 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 3 Using public transit in San Diego
- 4 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 5 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 6 Albuquerque to Denver
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 Help with NYC transit
- 9 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 10 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 11 Boston Area College Tour
- 12 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 13 Boston three day trip report, with photos
- 14 Hiking/Camping Suggestions for VT, NH, & ME in August?
- 15 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 16 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 17 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 18 D.C. in a day
- 19 Door County
- 20 10 Days in Maine
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 23 A Visit to Charleston
- 24 Hotel Suite Brands with Multiple Bedrooms?
- 25 Amtrak to DC, then sightseeing