Traveling to Colorado Springs to take in Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, etc. Probably will stay two-three days. Does anybody know if the area around either Pikes Peak or Garden of the Gods was impacted by the fires. I have tired without much success to determine what or what was not destroyed. From Colorado Springs will drive north to Boulder with ultimate destination in Estes Park. I was there well over 12 years so probably things have changed. Any ideas of which routes might be best to seeing changing of the leaves. I am trying to time my vacation as best as I can to see the changing of the aspen trees. I would like to stay if possible price wise in cabins vs. a hotel/motel so any suggestions on accommodations would be appreciated. Besides Rocky Mt. National Park and Trail Ridge any ideas of other things to do would be appreciated..Thanks
Going to Estes Park in late September-early October.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine in latter half of September
- 2 Grand Marais?
- 3 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 4 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 5 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 6 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 7 Colorado trip
- 8 First visit in New Mexico
- 9 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 10 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 11 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 12 Cape cod and Acadia
- 13 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 14 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 15 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 16 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 17 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 18 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 19 Grand Teton in October
- 20 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 21 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 22 adams morgan - safety
- 23 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 24 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 25 Morning in miami