Traveling to Colorado Springs to take in Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, etc. Probably will stay two-three days. Does anybody know if the area around either Pikes Peak or Garden of the Gods was impacted by the fires. I have tired without much success to determine what or what was not destroyed. From Colorado Springs will drive north to Boulder with ultimate destination in Estes Park. I was there well over 12 years so probably things have changed. Any ideas of which routes might be best to seeing changing of the leaves. I am trying to time my vacation as best as I can to see the changing of the aspen trees. I would like to stay if possible price wise in cabins vs. a hotel/motel so any suggestions on accommodations would be appreciated. Besides Rocky Mt. National Park and Trail Ridge any ideas of other things to do would be appreciated..Thanks
Going to Estes Park in late September-early October.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Northwest USA
- 2 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 3 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 4 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 5 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 6 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 7 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 8 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 9 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 10 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 11 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 12 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 13 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 14 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 15 Hotels Philly
- 16 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 17 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 18 Green Flea in NYC
- 19 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 20 Orlando in March
- 21 New England September
- 22 Ackislander
- 23 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 24 Cross Country RV Trip
- 25 ski trip: utah or colorado