I am new to Texas and wanted to give my husband a unique getaway as a gift. We have done "primitive" camping as well as stayed in cabins in the woods, but I would like to do something different this time. I've been reading about glamping (or camping with glamour, haha) and would love to find something within a three hour drive of Dallas. Staying in a yurt sounds like a really neat idea too.
Any recommendations on fancy tent-camping or yurt-ing in Texas? I would love to be able to cook our own food, but not be too far from civilization. I have also heard of business that one can pay to set up your campsite for you -- we don't currently have any camping equipment and don't want to invest a bunch of money in it at this time. Any recommendations on that service would be appreciated too. Thanks!
"glamping" or luxury camping in Texas
- 1 romantic colorado trip
- 2 Fourth of July Weekend
- 3 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 4 Fires in Colorado
- 5 Marcola?
- 6 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 7 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 8 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 9 What bugs you the most about flying? 2013 Pet Peeves Survey
- 10 Updates from Hanalei
- 11 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 12 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 13 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 14 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 15 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 16 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 17 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 18 One day in NYC
- 19 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 20 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 21 Trying To Find a Place
- 22 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 23 Key West at Christmas time
- 24 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets
- 25 Chicago Architectural Tours