I am new to Texas and wanted to give my husband a unique getaway as a gift. We have done "primitive" camping as well as stayed in cabins in the woods, but I would like to do something different this time. I've been reading about glamping (or camping with glamour, haha) and would love to find something within a three hour drive of Dallas. Staying in a yurt sounds like a really neat idea too.
Any recommendations on fancy tent-camping or yurt-ing in Texas? I would love to be able to cook our own food, but not be too far from civilization. I have also heard of business that one can pay to set up your campsite for you -- we don't currently have any camping equipment and don't want to invest a bunch of money in it at this time. Any recommendations on that service would be appreciated too. Thanks!
"glamping" or luxury camping in Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 2 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 3 Need a recommendation for lodging on Kauai (North or South side of Island)
- 4 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 5 Berkshires
- 6 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 7 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 8 Sea world San Diego
- 9 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 10 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 11 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 12 Prince of Wales or Many Glacier? WHY?
- 13 Las Vegas in March
- 14 Just started to plan my Mid-March visit to Alaska!
- 15 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 16 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 17 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 18 Clearwater visit.
- 19 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 20 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 21 2nd Trip to Alaska, Looking for some off the beaten path suggestions
- 22 Bear Viewing in Alaska in early June... Any cost effective recommendations?
- 23 hotels near Denali
- 24 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 25 Lunch on the Turquoise Trail