I am new to Texas and wanted to give my husband a unique getaway as a gift. We have done "primitive" camping as well as stayed in cabins in the woods, but I would like to do something different this time. I've been reading about glamping (or camping with glamour, haha) and would love to find something within a three hour drive of Dallas. Staying in a yurt sounds like a really neat idea too.
Any recommendations on fancy tent-camping or yurt-ing in Texas? I would love to be able to cook our own food, but not be too far from civilization. I have also heard of business that one can pay to set up your campsite for you -- we don't currently have any camping equipment and don't want to invest a bunch of money in it at this time. Any recommendations on that service would be appreciated too. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 2 9-10 day trip to WA
- 3 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 4 Kauai planning help
- 5 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 6 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 7 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 8 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
- 9 California Trip
- 10 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation
- 11 Need help nailing down the details
- 12 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 13 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 14 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 15 Turo?
- 16 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 17 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 18 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 19 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 20 NYC For The Day
- 21 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 22 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 23 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 24 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 25 Laguna Beach Hotel