I am new to Texas and wanted to give my husband a unique getaway as a gift. We have done "primitive" camping as well as stayed in cabins in the woods, but I would like to do something different this time. I've been reading about glamping (or camping with glamour, haha) and would love to find something within a three hour drive of Dallas. Staying in a yurt sounds like a really neat idea too.
Any recommendations on fancy tent-camping or yurt-ing in Texas? I would love to be able to cook our own food, but not be too far from civilization. I have also heard of business that one can pay to set up your campsite for you -- we don't currently have any camping equipment and don't want to invest a bunch of money in it at this time. Any recommendations on that service would be appreciated too. Thanks!
"glamping" or luxury camping in Texas
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 2 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 3 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 4 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Orlando to Savannah
- 9 Dinner in Miami
- 10 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 11 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 12 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 15 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 16 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 21 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 22 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 23 Christmas weather?
- 24 Big island itinerary
- 25 New York City and New England