I am new to Texas and wanted to give my husband a unique getaway as a gift. We have done "primitive" camping as well as stayed in cabins in the woods, but I would like to do something different this time. I've been reading about glamping (or camping with glamour, haha) and would love to find something within a three hour drive of Dallas. Staying in a yurt sounds like a really neat idea too.
Any recommendations on fancy tent-camping or yurt-ing in Texas? I would love to be able to cook our own food, but not be too far from civilization. I have also heard of business that one can pay to set up your campsite for you -- we don't currently have any camping equipment and don't want to invest a bunch of money in it at this time. Any recommendations on that service would be appreciated too. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 2 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 3 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 4 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 5 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 7 Florida beach vacation
- 8 Trip to USA in July
- 9 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 10 Beaches in Incline Village
- 11 Change planes in Atlanta
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 13 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 14 Key West luxury hotels
- 15 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 16 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 17 Coffee in Boston?
- 18 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 19 Florida vacation
- 20 Later Winter around Mobile
- 21 a short trip to san francisco
- 22 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 25 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!