Does anyone have recommendations for the following:
I'm looking for lodging for Glacier Park for a group as follows:
1. Senior couple -- will need a handicapped accessible room.
2. Couple with 2 kids ages 10, 13
3. Single parent with kid age 9
We're trying to plan a birthday celebration for my dad (part of the older couple). Part of the difficulty in our planning is that wherever we go, we'll likely need to hire someone to help our mom and stay with her while the rest of us do something active. She'll be able to join us on car trips or a Going to the Sun Road Red Bus trip for example. But ideally, we'd like to find a place with a great view where she'd at least enjoy what she's looking at while we're off doing something more active. Especially if that involves social time for her - like a lodge where she could visit with other guests.
Challenge (other than the obvious number of people, combo of rooms, handicapped accessible needs): we're trying to find something for the 2nd-3rd week of June of THIS year.
I've been looking at VRBO & airbnb, but never having been and going solely on web research, am looking for recommendations as to how close/far we should be from the park if we want to do light hiking (considering we have a Senior member among the group), definite Going to the Sun Road trip, etc.
Does anyone have recommendations for:
Best lodges or cabins inside the park (assuming by some miracle we find availability)?
Best areas to look for something on VRBO?
Other suggestions given our needs?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 6 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 7 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 8 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 9 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 10 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 11 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 12 AR State Parks
- 13 California Trip
- 14 101 closure
- 15 Drive Mt Ranier to Port Angeles- any can't miss sites along the way?
- 16 Sonoma
- 17 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 18 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 19 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 20 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 21 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 22 Road trip around Washington DC
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 25 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
Glacier Park Lodging for large family group w varied needs