Does anyone have recommendations for the following:
I'm looking for lodging for Glacier Park for a group as follows:
1. Senior couple -- will need a handicapped accessible room.
2. Couple with 2 kids ages 10, 13
3. Single parent with kid age 9
We're trying to plan a birthday celebration for my dad (part of the older couple). Part of the difficulty in our planning is that wherever we go, we'll likely need to hire someone to help our mom and stay with her while the rest of us do something active. She'll be able to join us on car trips or a Going to the Sun Road Red Bus trip for example. But ideally, we'd like to find a place with a great view where she'd at least enjoy what she's looking at while we're off doing something more active. Especially if that involves social time for her - like a lodge where she could visit with other guests.
Challenge (other than the obvious number of people, combo of rooms, handicapped accessible needs): we're trying to find something for the 2nd-3rd week of June of THIS year.
I've been looking at VRBO & airbnb, but never having been and going solely on web research, am looking for recommendations as to how close/far we should be from the park if we want to do light hiking (considering we have a Senior member among the group), definite Going to the Sun Road trip, etc.
Does anyone have recommendations for:
Best lodges or cabins inside the park (assuming by some miracle we find availability)?
Best areas to look for something on VRBO?
Other suggestions given our needs?
Thanks so much!
Glacier Park Lodging for large family group w varied needs
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family friendly restaurants in Bodega Bay?
- 2 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 3 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 4 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 5 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 6 Cape Cod trip report
- 7 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 8 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 13 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 14 moving to florida
- 15 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 18 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 19 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 20 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 21 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 24 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 25 Seafood