Does anyone have recommendations for the following:
I'm looking for lodging for Glacier Park for a group as follows:
1. Senior couple -- will need a handicapped accessible room.
2. Couple with 2 kids ages 10, 13
3. Single parent with kid age 9
We're trying to plan a birthday celebration for my dad (part of the older couple). Part of the difficulty in our planning is that wherever we go, we'll likely need to hire someone to help our mom and stay with her while the rest of us do something active. She'll be able to join us on car trips or a Going to the Sun Road Red Bus trip for example. But ideally, we'd like to find a place with a great view where she'd at least enjoy what she's looking at while we're off doing something more active. Especially if that involves social time for her - like a lodge where she could visit with other guests.
Challenge (other than the obvious number of people, combo of rooms, handicapped accessible needs): we're trying to find something for the 2nd-3rd week of June of THIS year.
I've been looking at VRBO & airbnb, but never having been and going solely on web research, am looking for recommendations as to how close/far we should be from the park if we want to do light hiking (considering we have a Senior member among the group), definite Going to the Sun Road trip, etc.
Does anyone have recommendations for:
Best lodges or cabins inside the park (assuming by some miracle we find availability)?
Best areas to look for something on VRBO?
Other suggestions given our needs?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 2 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 3 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 4 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 5 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 6 Mass Extreme Reviews : Power Your Body To Look Muscular One!!
- 7 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 8 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 9 #1-855-205-4068# Hawaiian airlines Reservation
- 10 #1-855-205-4068#American airlines Reservation
- 11 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 14 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 15 Arches or Zion?
- 16 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 17 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 18 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 19 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 20 time to visit statue
- 21 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 22 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 23 Chester, CN
- 24 Northern California Gardens.
- 25 First time Colorado 1 week-itinerary help
Glacier Park Lodging for large family group w varied needs