Does anyone have recommendations for the following:
I'm looking for lodging for Glacier Park for a group as follows:
1. Senior couple -- will need a handicapped accessible room.
2. Couple with 2 kids ages 10, 13
3. Single parent with kid age 9
We're trying to plan a birthday celebration for my dad (part of the older couple). Part of the difficulty in our planning is that wherever we go, we'll likely need to hire someone to help our mom and stay with her while the rest of us do something active. She'll be able to join us on car trips or a Going to the Sun Road Red Bus trip for example. But ideally, we'd like to find a place with a great view where she'd at least enjoy what she's looking at while we're off doing something more active. Especially if that involves social time for her - like a lodge where she could visit with other guests.
Challenge (other than the obvious number of people, combo of rooms, handicapped accessible needs): we're trying to find something for the 2nd-3rd week of June of THIS year.
I've been looking at VRBO & airbnb, but never having been and going solely on web research, am looking for recommendations as to how close/far we should be from the park if we want to do light hiking (considering we have a Senior member among the group), definite Going to the Sun Road trip, etc.
Does anyone have recommendations for:
Best lodges or cabins inside the park (assuming by some miracle we find availability)?
Best areas to look for something on VRBO?
Other suggestions given our needs?
Thanks so much!
Glacier Park Lodging for large family group w varied needs
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint