I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 2 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 3 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 4 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 5 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 6 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 7 south west family trip itinerary
- 8 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 11 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 12 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 13 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 14 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 15 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 16 wasting time around JFK
- 17 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 18 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 19 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 20 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 21 SF Restaurant
- 22 Best cities with Mild winter temperatures
- 23 Charleston, Savannah, and Coast Itinerary <Feedback requested!>
- 24 Chicago-Family Reunion Ideas
- 25 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.