I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 2 Colorado itinerary
- 3 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 4 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 5 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 6 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 7 Hawaii wedding
- 8 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 9 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 10 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 11 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 12 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 13 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 14 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 15 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 16 Oregon Coast question
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 19 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 20 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 21 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 22 Moving to Montana
- 23 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 24 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 25 Tetons, Yellowstone help