I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 2 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 3 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 4 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 5 Southwest US
- 6 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 7 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 8 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 9 Glacier to Banff
- 10 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 11 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 12 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 13 Boston to see Sargent works
- 14 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 15 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 16 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 17 Harlem, NY
- 18 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 19 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 20 Lone traveler seeing Alaska in a rush!
- 21 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 22 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 23 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 24 Mississippi gulf coast
- 25 Another Key West trip in the books!