I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 2 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 3 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 4 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 5 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 6 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 7 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 8 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 9 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 10 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 11 Twin Sites For Twins East Coast
- 12 Lake Powell
- 13 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 14 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 Harlem, NY
- 17 Transportation from LGA to Manhattan
- 18 Hotel close to San Francisco airport
- 19 Glacier to Banff
- 20 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 21 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 22 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
- 23 NYC hotel/July
- 24 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 25 Portland Affordable Accommodations