I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio, Texas
- 2 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 3 Columbia River Gorge and Portland
- 4 Planning Tips for Disney World
- 5 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 6 Cape Cod or no?
- 7 Colorado Itinerary
- 8 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 9 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 10 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 11 Dogs in Taos
- 12 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 13 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 14 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 15 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 16 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 17 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 18 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 19 Parking in Naples Florida
- 20 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 21 Boston Airport Hotels
- 22 Nashville Never Been
- 23 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 24 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 25 Uber boston