I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://advancemenpower.com/zytek-xl/
- 2 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 3 Roadtrip to Yosemite etc
- 4 Anchorage-Seward Daytrip -- Train or Bus?
- 5 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 6 YellowStone or Grand Canyon in August?
- 7 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 8 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 9 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 10 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 11 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 12 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 13 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 14 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 15 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 16 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 17 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 18 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 21 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 22 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 23 limited mobility for Savannah
- 24 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 25 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?