I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Girls weekend in San Diego - Where to stay?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Asheville NC without a car
- 2 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Myrtle Beach
- 8 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 11 Colorado in the summer!
- 12 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 15 Washington DC Metro
- 16 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 17 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 21 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 22 Travel West Coast
- 23 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 24 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 25 Wine Country Picnic