I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 2 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 3 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 4 NYC For The Day
- 5 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 6 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 7 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 8 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 11 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 12 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 13 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 US whole month of January where to
- 16 Need help nailing down the details
- 17 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 18 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 19 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 20 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 21 See Alaska by train
- 22 Telluride and Silverton
- 23 Planning Visit to Plains, GA
- 24 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 25 Northeast/Mid-Atlantics States History/Beach Vacation