I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas +21
- 2 Best power bank for travel
- 3 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 4 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 5 http://quicksupplementfact.com/neurocet/
- 6 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 7 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 8 Trip Starting from New York
- 9 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 10 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 11 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 14 Nilichik Ak.
- 15 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 16 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 17 Grand Teton Questions
- 18 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 19 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 20 Grand American Road Trip!
- 21 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 22 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 23 Rules of the Subway
- 24 Grand Teton Questuons
- 25 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago