I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 2 Chicago to Charleston
- 3 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 4 Retiring in NM?
- 5 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 6 Route Planning for East USA
- 7 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 8 Utah National Parks visit
- 9 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 10 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 11 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 12 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 13 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 14 universal studios and disney
- 15 Honeymoon out west.
- 16 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 17 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 18 How many states have you been to?
- 19 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 20 USA, Trip to the south
- 21 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 22 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 23 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 24 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 25 SF special dinner for 70 birthday