I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 2 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 3 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 4 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 5 Route Planning for East USA
- 6 Florida keys trip
- 7 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 8 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 9 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 10 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 13 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 14 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 15 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 16 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 17 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 18 Skagway
- 19 Retiring in NM?
- 20 Chicago to Charleston
- 21 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 22 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 23 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 24 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 25 Honeymoon out west.