I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 2 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 3 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 4 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 5 USA family tour
- 6 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 7 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 8 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 9 Costco Travel
- 10 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 11 Philly Itinerary Help
- 12 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 13 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 14 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 16 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 17 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 18 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 19 4 days road trip southern New England
- 20 trip out west horses and rafting
- 21 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 22 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 23 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 24 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 25 Country Walkers