I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 2 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 3 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 4 Miami
- 5 NYC Limo rental services quest
- 6 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 7 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 8 March in New Mexico
- 9 Driving Alaska
- 10 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 11 Back from the Big Easy
- 12 Border crossing
- 13 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 14 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 15 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 16 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 17 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 18 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 19 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 20 Cross country tips
- 21 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 22 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 23 Ideas for New York
- 24 Parka in PA during February?
- 25 Restaurants in the San Francisco area