I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Point of Entry wondering.. Help?
- 2 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 3 Dinner in Anchorage
- 4 San Francisco to San Diego
- 5 Best location for hotel in Annapolis
- 6 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 7 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 8 Nashville Public Transportation
- 9 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 10 Hawaii - where?
- 11 Need advice for roadtrip from Chicago to Seattle
- 12 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 13 Arizona PHX car rental
- 14 Upcoming Alaska Trip
- 15 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 16 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 17 Shenandoah National park
- 18 Road Trip from San Francisco to San Diego in 7 days
- 19 Road trip this summer from Phoenix to Yellowstone
- 20 Public Transport from JAC Airport to Teton Village
- 21 Things to do in NYC
- 22 New York City Hotels: Times Square vs. Financial District
- 23 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 24 California & Oregon National Parks touir
- 25 BBQ