I'm planning a trip with a friend of mine for a long weekend in San Diego this January. We're both single, 30-year-old women looking for a mix of relaxation and adventure. We both love spending time by the beach and also going for hikes, but will also want to get to some night spots for a microbrew or a cocktail. Maybe some wandering around a cute downtown, eating some delicious food...
Hoping you guys can offer some advice as to which area to stay in. Budget isn't super huge, but we don't need to go with a hostel either.
I've been doing some research into old posts and put together a temporary itinerary of things we're planning to do while we're in town:
Torrey Pine hiking
La Jolla (The Cove?)
We are considering renting a car, so if there's a better option that is a little out of town, that's okay too. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 2 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 3 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 4 Seattle?
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 7 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 8 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 costco Big island
- 11 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 12 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 13 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 14 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Wedding gifts?
- 17 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 20 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 21 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 22 Layover
- 23 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 24 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 25 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing