We're planning a late Feb / early March 2014 trip to Alaska for our honeymoon. Our itinerary (rough at this point) is the following:
(1) fly into Anchorage, rent car
- drive to Girdwood and stay in vicinity of Alyeska Ski Resort (likely Hotel Alyeska)
(3) drive to Whittier, kayak or cruise Prince William Sound to enjoy glaciers and wildlife
(4) ski, drive back to Anchorage in the evening, return car and fly to Fairbanks
- rent car in Fairbanks and stay outside of town (likely Dale & Jo's View Suites)
- spend the next 4-5 nights watching the Aurora forecast and trying to catch a northern lights show
- see some of Fairbanks during the days, possibly with hikes, cross country skiing or kayaking the Chena River
I've been having trouble finding a glacier cruise for Prince William Sound in March -- it seems most companies run their boats from May to September. Can anyone recommend a company that operates through the winter, either with day cruises, kayaks or both? We'd like to depart from Whittier, but will drive to Seward if we must.
Any suggestions for things to catch in Fairbanks during our stay? We're planning our 4-5 nights around the first week of March, but have some flexibility if necessary.
Any other tips or suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.circlehealthclub.com/bella-serata-cream/
- 2 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 3 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 4 http://www.mysupplementsera.com/skintek-reviews/
- 5 Are you looking 100% Cashback Website?
- 6 http://www.healthexpertproduct.com/lumify-x9/
- 7 The Best Weight Loss Diet==>http://gomusclebuilding.com/ascend-garcinia/
- 8 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 9 http://elevategffacts.com/blazeray-tactical-flashlight/
- 10 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 11 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 12 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 13 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 14 Staying outside DC
- 15 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 16 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 17 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 18 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 19 Ideas for New York
- 20 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 21 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 22 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 23 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 24 Road trip
- 25 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
Girdwood, Whittier, Fairbanks in early March -- Recommendations needed!