We're planning a late Feb / early March 2014 trip to Alaska for our honeymoon. Our itinerary (rough at this point) is the following:
(1) fly into Anchorage, rent car
- drive to Girdwood and stay in vicinity of Alyeska Ski Resort (likely Hotel Alyeska)
(3) drive to Whittier, kayak or cruise Prince William Sound to enjoy glaciers and wildlife
(4) ski, drive back to Anchorage in the evening, return car and fly to Fairbanks
- rent car in Fairbanks and stay outside of town (likely Dale & Jo's View Suites)
- spend the next 4-5 nights watching the Aurora forecast and trying to catch a northern lights show
- see some of Fairbanks during the days, possibly with hikes, cross country skiing or kayaking the Chena River
I've been having trouble finding a glacier cruise for Prince William Sound in March -- it seems most companies run their boats from May to September. Can anyone recommend a company that operates through the winter, either with day cruises, kayaks or both? We'd like to depart from Whittier, but will drive to Seward if we must.
Any suggestions for things to catch in Fairbanks during our stay? We're planning our 4-5 nights around the first week of March, but have some flexibility if necessary.
Any other tips or suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.menshealthreviews.org/primal-shred/
- 2 Planning our Move
- 3 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 4 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 5 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 6 Wilmington DE questions
- 7 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 8 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 11 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 12 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 13 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 14 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 15 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 16 Hotel advise Chicago
- 17 Maui and Kauai
- 18 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 19 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 20 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 21 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 22 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 23 Trip to Cali
- 24 NYC Hotel Decision
- 25 NFL tickets
Girdwood, Whittier, Fairbanks in early March -- Recommendations needed!