We're planning a late Feb / early March 2014 trip to Alaska for our honeymoon. Our itinerary (rough at this point) is the following:
(1) fly into Anchorage, rent car
- drive to Girdwood and stay in vicinity of Alyeska Ski Resort (likely Hotel Alyeska)
(3) drive to Whittier, kayak or cruise Prince William Sound to enjoy glaciers and wildlife
(4) ski, drive back to Anchorage in the evening, return car and fly to Fairbanks
- rent car in Fairbanks and stay outside of town (likely Dale & Jo's View Suites)
- spend the next 4-5 nights watching the Aurora forecast and trying to catch a northern lights show
- see some of Fairbanks during the days, possibly with hikes, cross country skiing or kayaking the Chena River
I've been having trouble finding a glacier cruise for Prince William Sound in March -- it seems most companies run their boats from May to September. Can anyone recommend a company that operates through the winter, either with day cruises, kayaks or both? We'd like to depart from Whittier, but will drive to Seward if we must.
Any suggestions for things to catch in Fairbanks during our stay? We're planning our 4-5 nights around the first week of March, but have some flexibility if necessary.
Any other tips or suggestions?
Girdwood, Whittier, Fairbanks in early March -- Recommendations needed!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 2 Las Vegas Clubs - Need all the 411...
- 3 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 4 New locksmith, Locksmith New
- 5 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 6 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 7 Colorado aspen updates
- 8 Yellowstone and Tetons in a Flash
- 9 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 10 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 11 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 12 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 13 Long Island Advice
- 14 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 15 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 16 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 17 Boston suggestions
- 18 California
- 19 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 20 Tucson area flooding
- 21 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 22 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 25 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!