My daughter and I are visiting DC this summer. There is a direct flight into Dulles that looks tempting, but our hotel is in Alexandria. The hotel has a shuttle to/from DCA, but not Dulles. How much of a hassle is it to get from Dulles to Alexandria? It is about 24 miles, so I'm guessing a cab would be pretty expensive. Should we go for the longer itinerary (one stop) and fly into the closer airport, or manage the trip to and from the more distant airport. We are both adults, if that makes a difference.
Getting from Dulles to Alexandria, VA?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 united and carry-ons
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 8 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 9 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 12 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 13 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 14 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 15 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 16 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 17 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 18 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 21 Philadelphia
- 22 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 23 USA with a 3 year old
- 24 First family ski trip
- 25 NYC theatre broadway