We are travelling to the US in September and are tossing around the idea of staying in San Diego for a few days. My husband has a wheelchair and we wouldn't be hiring a car. Is it fairly easy to get around using public transport? Also I would love some ideas on best area's to stay (either one of the beach areas or Gaslamp? We want to visit Old Town so would probably need to stay somewhere within walking distance to a train or whatever accessible transport could get us there. Also travelling with our 7yr old son.
Getting around San Diego for a wheelchair user with no car
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 4 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 5 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 6 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 7 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 8 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 Memphis Tours
- 15 D.C. in a day
- 16 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 17 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 18 A Visit to Charleston
- 19 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 20 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 21 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 22 San Francisco Anniversary Trip
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Florida to Yellowstone to Mt. Rushmore-Sept 2013
- 25 3 Week Roadtrip Starting in Nashville - Where to Go?!