We are travelling to the US in September and are tossing around the idea of staying in San Diego for a few days. My husband has a wheelchair and we wouldn't be hiring a car. Is it fairly easy to get around using public transport? Also I would love some ideas on best area's to stay (either one of the beach areas or Gaslamp? We want to visit Old Town so would probably need to stay somewhere within walking distance to a train or whatever accessible transport could get us there. Also travelling with our 7yr old son.
Getting around San Diego for a wheelchair user with no car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City and New England
- 2 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 3 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 6 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 7 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 8 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 9 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 10 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 11 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 12 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 13 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 14 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 17 Best Destination in USA
- 18 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 19 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 20 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 21 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 22 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 23 x mas
- 24 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 25 US 101 closed N of Florence