I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 2 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 3 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 4 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 7 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Hilton Midtown New York
- 10 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 11 Tour companies
- 12 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 13 Round trip from Chicago
- 14 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 15 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 16 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 17 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 18 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 19 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 20 Apartment Rentals DC
- 21 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 22 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 23 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 24 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 25 Vegas hotels for families