I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
- 1 Question about Boulder area
- 2 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 3 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 4 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 5 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 6 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 7 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 8 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 9 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 Biloxi questions again
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 14 Madison Square Garden
- 15 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 16 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 17 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 18 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 19 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 20 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 21 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 22 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 23 Warm and don't Drive
- 24 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 25 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed