I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 relocating travel
- 3 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 4 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 5 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 6 Seattle Hyatts
- 7 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 8 Mesa Verde
- 9 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 10 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 13 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 14 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 15 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 16 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 20 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 21 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 24 ONP help
- 25 NYC Clubs for live music