I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 2 Santa Barbara, California
- 3 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 4 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 5 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 6 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 7 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 8 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 culpepper
- 13 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 14 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 15 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 18 Pub with food in Seattle
- 19 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 20 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 21 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 22 Hotel near Miami airport
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 25 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island