I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 2 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 3 1.5 days in Chicago
- 4 Pittsburgh Trip
- 5 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 6 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 7 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 8 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 10 Running kissimmee Florida
- 11 Car Hire Alamo
- 12 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 13 Mendocino Hiking
- 14 Paul Gauguin
- 15 Highway 1 motels
- 16 Berkshires with a toddler
- 17 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 18 Getting around in NYC
- 19 The New Whitney
- 20 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 21 View of Empire State Building from street
- 22 11 days SE coast road trip
- 23 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 24 Pacific Northwest
- 25 A Week in New York City