I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 2 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 3 First Trip to New Mexico
- 4 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 5 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 6 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 7 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 8 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 9 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 10 November redwoods trip
- 11 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 12 Layover
- 13 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 14 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 15 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 16 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 17 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 18 Wedding gifts?
- 19 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 20 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 21 Seattle?
- 22 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 23 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 24 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 25 SF Area - Fall Family Trip