I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 // 1-(800) 9272480 QuickBooks PRO tech Support number Intuit PRO number_VA
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 4shared music
- 4 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 5 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 6 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 7 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 8 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 9 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 10 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 11 Muir Woods in October
- 12 help me plan a Cali trip
- 13 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 14 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 15 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 16 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 17 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 18 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 19 Mesa Verde question
- 20 Planning our Move
- 21 Wilmington DE questions
- 22 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 23 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 24 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 25 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!