I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Niagara Falls.
- 2 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 3 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 4 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 5 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 6 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 7 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 8 cruising the Mississippi river
- 9 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Juneau cruise stop
- 12 Trip Starting from New York
- 13 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 14 New England Canada Road Trip
- 15 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 16 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Napa Valley Hotel
- 19 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 20 A day in Boston
- 21 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 22 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 23 Nilichik Ak.
- 24 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 25 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??