I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 Colorado in the summer!
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 23 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC