I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
- 1 Memphis Tours
- 2 Please critique our plan...
- 3 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 4 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 5 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 6 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 7 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 8 Gearhart Oregon
- 9 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 10 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 11 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 12 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 13 California, Northern
- 14 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 15 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 16 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 17 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 18 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 19 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 20 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 21 Seatlle, WA
- 22 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 23 What area to stay in for Memphis
- 24 What are the best activities in Key West?
- 25 Newport, RI Questions