I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthboostup.com/black-diamond-force/
- 2 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 3 Hotel in Reno
- 4 Walk on Matanuksa Glacier, Alaska
- 5 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 Luxury hotel in Charleston
- 8 Tampa Suborns vs Orlando Suborns? To Raise a Family.
- 9 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 10 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 11 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 12 Retiring to Tucson
- 13 Roadtrip July 2017
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 16 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 17 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 18 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 19 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 20 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 21 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 22 RIP Rob Stewart/Sharkwater
- 23 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 24 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 25 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!