I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 3 How do Weight Loss Supplement Helps you
- 4 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 5 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 6 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 7 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 8 Airfares in the 1970's
- 9 Relocating to the Deep South
- 10 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 11 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 12 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 13 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 14 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 15 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 16 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 17 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 18 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 19 Seattle to San Francisco
- 20 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 21 San Francisco and Napa
- 22 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 23 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 24 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 25 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help