I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 2 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 3 your favorite city USA?
- 4 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 5 Help with driving East to West
- 6 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 7 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 8 Pacific coast road trip
- 9 Two days out of Seattle
- 10 Senior Travel Helper
- 11 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 12 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 13 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 14 South Carolina
- 15 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 Austin with Kids
- 20 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 21 Austin Getaway
- 22 Maine
- 23 Driving From Florida to Maryland
- 24 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Yellowstone in Early October?