I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Discounted Rental Car?
- 2 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 5 BYOB in New York City
- 6 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 7 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 8 Inexpensive family getaways
- 9 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 10 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 11 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 12 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 13 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 14 New York best app
- 15 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 16 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 17 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 18 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 19 Hawaii Cruise
- 20 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 21 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 22 kauai
- 23 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 24 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 25 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?