I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 2 Grand Canyon to LA
- 3 Birmingham, Alabama in December
- 4 Two days and no car in San francisco
- 5 Washington State Anniversary Weekend Getaway
- 6 Where to stay in NYC
- 7 Death Valley
- 8 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 9 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 10 Utah/Vegas road trip - directions
- 11 How can I buy a condo for cheap in florida?
- 12 What is a good city to live in in Florida.
- 13 Santa Monica / Venice Beach flat or house for a week
- 14 Nashville 2016
- 15 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 16 Family Trip- 4 Nights- DC & Richmond
- 17 Burlingame, CA restaurants?
- 18 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 19 Colorado - Photography
- 20 Seattle, WA, USA/Victoria, B.C., Canada
- 21 Oregon or Arizona for October 12 long weekend?
- 22 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 23 Where to advertise Air tickets selling?
- 24 Myrtle Beach, N.C.
- 25 motorcycle ride