I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 2 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 3 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 4 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 5 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 6 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 7 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 8 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 9 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 10 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 11 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 12 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 16 New Orleans music
- 17 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 18 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 19 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 20 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 21 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 22 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 23 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 24 NYC with wheelchair
- 25 Mid 20's Honeymoon