I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 3 Two airports to choose from?
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 6 Road trip itinerary
- 7 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 8 layover
- 9 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 10 Part one of an 18 Day RV trip - Talkeetna
- 11 best area to stay in san diego
- 12 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 13 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 14 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 15 Hotel advice. Near the airport vs Historical District in Charleston SC
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 20 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 21 Kayaking in Kauai
- 22 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 23 San Francisco - mid October
- 24 Burlington VT day trip
- 25 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward