I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 3 Fancy dining
- 4 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 5 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 6 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 7 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 8 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 9 Road Trip SW
- 10 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 11 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 12 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 13 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 14 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 15 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 16 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 17 Charlotte restaurant help
- 18 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 19 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 20 Itinerary opinions
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 23 Alaska railroad?
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Driving from Denver to Aspen Oct. 2