I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/neuro-boost-iq/
- 2 hotel in NYC
- 3 Bug bites, help!
- 4 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 5 TSA Security Question
- 6 Traveling out west
- 7 Sonoma alley in May
- 8 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 9 Travel from Seattle w to San Francisco
- 10 Photographing the Palouse
- 11 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 12 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 13 Little Gasparilla Island or Similar
- 14 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 15 Southern California and young kids
- 16 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 17 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 18 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 19 Hotel in Austin
- 20 Austin TX restaurants
- 21 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 22 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 23 Driving from Wisconsin to Vail Co in Mid October
- 24 911 Museum
- 25 Lake Champlain, VT