I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 2 Hotel in Reno
- 3 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 6 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 7 Retiring to Tucson
- 8 Trinity Site, NM
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 12 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 13 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 16 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 17 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 18 North Carolina airports
- 19 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 20 Boston to Naples florida
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California