I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 2 Road to Hana
- 3 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 4 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 5 Rental Services
- 6 Hawaii is still Hell
- 7 Orlando parks advice
- 8 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 10 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 11 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 12 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 13 Maui - Haleakala
- 14 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 15 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 16 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 17 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 18 Vegas in mid may
- 19 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 20 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 21 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11
- 22 Texas for art and history lovers
- 23 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 24 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 25 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach