I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days in Colorado
- 2 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 3 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 4 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 5 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 6 Sedona for a Month
- 7 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 8 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 9 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 10 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 13 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 14 Safety Concerns
- 15 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 16 40th in Key West
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Downtown Chicago
- 19 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 20 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 21 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 22 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 23 What to do in San Diego
- 24 Nashville
- 25 Beaches in Florida