I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 las vegas cabana reservations
- 2 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 5 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 6 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 7 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 8 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 9 Alaska Trip Planning
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 new york subway help please
- 12 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 13 Boston to see Sargent works
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Pet-Friendly near I-95 N. Florida/S. Georgia for yappy dogs?
- 16 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 17 Moving out of states from Florida
- 18 Atlanta to LA
- 19 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 20 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 21 Washington DC to Texas via Jacksonville, FL
- 22 Things to do in La Jolla
- 23 Need tips for the best of downtown Chicago in 6 days
- 24 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 25 Traveling from Seattle to Parksville BC.