I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 2 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 3 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 4 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 5 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 8 Fall color yet?
- 9 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 10 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 11 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 12 My Book of Mormon review
- 13 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 14 Colorado aspen updates
- 15 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 18 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 Arches National Park in a day
- 21 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 22 JFK Airport
- 23 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 New England road trip Oct. 8-14