I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 2 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 3 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 4 Kauai Garden tours
- 5 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 6 California San Diego area lodging
- 7 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 10 Maui - Haleakala
- 11 Utah 2
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 14 Small group dining in Napa area
- 15 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 16 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 19 Hawaii is still Hell
- 20 Las Vegas in March
- 21 Montana- what are must see places?
- 22 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 23 Sunrise Easter service-Napa and Sonoma
- 24 Sea world San Diego
- 25 Utah 2