I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 2 Maine
- 3 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 4 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 5 Senior Travel Helper
- 6 Help with driving East to West
- 7 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 8 Yellowstone in Early October?
- 9 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 10 Alcatraz Tour Tickets - Resell or cancel possible?
- 11 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 12 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 13 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 14 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 15 Pacific coast road trip
- 16 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 17 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 18 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 19 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 20 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 22 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 23 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 24 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 25 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?