I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 2 Glacier National Park in September
- 3 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 4 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 5 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 6 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 7 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 8 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 9 New Software
- 10 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 11 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 12 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 13 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 17 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 18 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 21 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 24 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 25 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary