I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 B And Q Kitchens For Sale Liverpool
- 2 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 3 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 4 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 5 Las Vegas
- 6 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 7 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 8 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 9 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 10 national/state park in November
- 11 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 12 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 13 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 14 50th in Hawaii
- 15 Florida Family vacation in California
- 16 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 17 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 18 traveling to Nashville
- 19 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 20 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 21 San Francisco California
- 22 My Topic Tennessee; no makeup or hair products
- 23 Which tide pool is best to see in Seattle?
- 24 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 25 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham