I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 2 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 6 Jersey City Parking
- 7 Washington DC Metro
- 8 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 9 Kennebunkport and....?
- 10 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Where to go in Maine?
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 17 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 18 Wedding in Hawaii
- 19 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 20 rain in Kauai
- 21 Alaska cruise and land
- 22 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 23 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 24 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 25 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?