I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1.5 days in Chicago
- 2 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 3 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 4 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 Monterey whale watching
- 6 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 7 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 8 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 9 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 10 Highway 1 motels
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 12 Pittsburgh Trip
- 13 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 14 Best Movie/TV Studio tours in LA..adults
- 15 Where to stop from Litchfield Beach to Sharpsburg, Maryland
- 16 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 17 11 days SE coast road trip
- 18 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 19 The New Whitney
- 20 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 21 Car Hire Alamo
- 22 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 23 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 24 Running kissimmee Florida
- 25 Mendocino Hiking