I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 2 Yellowstone June 2014
- 3 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 4 2 months in Hawaii!
- 5 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 6 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 7 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary
- 8 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 9 Horseback riding in Waipio Valley
- 10 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 11 Annapolis to Boston
- 12 Road Trip
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 14 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 15 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 16 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 17 Vegetarian in Boston
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 20 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 21 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 22 Hawaii vacation- please help
- 23 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 24 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 25 Seeing An "American" Icon