I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip July 2017
- 2 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 3 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 4 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 6 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
- 7 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 8 Retiring to Tucson
- 9 Big Sure in June
- 10 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 11 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 12 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 13 Carmel Monterey
- 14 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 15 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 18 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 19 Arches Devils Garden
- 20 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 21 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 22 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 23 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 universal studios and disney