I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 2 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 3 11 days SE coast road trip
- 4 Seattle in early August
- 5 Mackinac or Holland?
- 6 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 7 Memphis to Dallas
- 8 first trip to HI
- 9 CO/UT/AZ National Park/Road Trip
- 10 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 11 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Pittsburgh Trip
- 14 Found Fujifilm Camera from 2011 Florida Vaca 740 good pics on SD card
- 15 Maine in late October
- 16 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 17 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 18 1.5 days in Chicago
- 19 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 20 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 21 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 22 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 24 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 25 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.