I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NY to North Carolina family road trip in August
- 2 New OAK-Coliseum Shuttle -- Cost?
- 3 Ticket to Matilda on 7/16, NYC
- 4 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 5 Road trip from DC to NYC--help with itinerary?
- 6 Martha's Vineyard with the in-laws
- 7 Annapolis to Boston
- 8 2 months in Hawaii!
- 9 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 10 Road Trip
- 11 HELP with ITINERARY for trip to Carmell/Central Coast with kids
- 12 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 13 Trailing of the Sheep Festival
- 14 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 15 Does anyone know the hotel in Maui...
- 16 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 17 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 18 My Bucket List Retirement Trip
- 19 Vegas Where to Start
- 20 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 21 June 2015 Trip to Oregon
- 22 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 23 Yellowstone June 2014
- 24 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 25 Help tweak my Colorado itinerary