I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hapuna beach, big island
- 2 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 3 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 4 Off the beaten track in the deep south
- 5 North Carolina Coast
- 6 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 7 myrtle beach
- 8 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 9 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 10 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 13 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 14 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 15 NYC with wheelchair
- 16 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 17 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 18 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 19 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 20 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 21 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 22 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 23 New Orleans logistics
- 24 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 25 Hilton Head