I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sequoias between Death Valley and San Diego
- 2 Utah National Parks Itinerary
- 3 low elevation to Yellowstone
- 4 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 5 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 6 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 7 How to do 3 days around North Cascades National Park?
- 8 Rules of the NY Subway
- 9 vermont lake
- 10 Where to stay at Grand Wailea & Grand Hyatt
- 11 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 12 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 13 Seward without a car
- 14 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 15 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 16 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 17 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 18 flagstaff
- 19 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 20 sugestions
- 21 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 22 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 23 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 24 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 25 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip