I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Georgia or South Carolina Coast?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 2 4 Nights in LA: What does our itinerary say about where we should stay?
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Orlando in February
- 5 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 6 Travel from Seattle WA to Oceanside CA
- 7 Parking and Neighborhood for Miami-Dade County Auditorium
- 8 middlebury vt snow
- 9 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 10 Los Angeles day trips
- 11 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 12 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 13 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 14 Orlando hotels
- 15 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 16 Sunday morning in southern Florida
- 17 Hop On Hop Off Bus Atlanta
- 18 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 19 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 20 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 21 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 22 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 23 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 24 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 25 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah