I come to Fodor when I am in need of suggestions I trust. I recently moved to Augusta from Idaho (having used Fodor for several trips out west) and have a few girlfriends coming down from Illinois with their significant others to visit. The baby of our group o' friends (who is quite the girly-girl compared to me) is turning 30 and she wants to experience southern beauty.
We only have 3 days or so, but she is wanting good food, a little night life, maybe some shopping, and being by the ocean. I know this may not be the typical things people are looking for on fodor, but I am hoping the group can provide suggestions. She has seen shows on Savannah and wants to "feel" that southern charm. I haven't done much exploring so I am at a loss in giving insight as the person in the south. We are thinking about renting a cottage as there will be 5-8 of us.
Thank you everyone in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Highway 1 motels
- 2 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 3 Alabama vs. Florida Beaches
- 4 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 5 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 6 driving from LA to Portland
- 7 Places to stay in TX...?
- 8 Need a short term apartment in BOSTON
- 9 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 10 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 11 Best Place to Stay in Asheville, North Carolina with 80 year old dad
- 12 San Fran to LA via PCH
- 13 Silverthorne
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 16 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 17 Overwhelmed by Alaskan shore excursion choices
- 18 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 19 Alaska itinerary - Anchorage, Seward, Denali, Juneau.
- 20 San Antonio
- 21 11 days SE coast road trip
- 22 Kauai Eats... Recommendations??
- 23 Getting around in NYC
- 24 Mountains, Hiking and Wildlife in Fall
- 25 Should I cancel Florida vacation?