Our Merry Band for our Spring Break trip to Scottsdale and Sedona has just expanded. My MIL and FIL are going to be joining us. My MIL has just finished a long, nasty, cold, winter of chemo and needs to celebrate in the sun and warmth. Prior to her treatment she was (and still is) a huge walker/hiker and swims every day, etc. However, one of the side effects of her treatment has been extreme leg pain and she worries about her abilities to complete any strenuous hikes. Leaving her at the resorts will NOT be an option...she will NOT allow it. So, my challenge is to find some hikes that we can do where we actually feel like we are hiking and seeing beautiful scenery while simultaneously not being overly strenuous. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much.
"Gentle" hiking options in Scottsdale and Sedona
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 2 Oahu ideas
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 5 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 6 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 7 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 8 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 9 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 10 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!
- 13 Transportation between Seattle airport and Victoria Clipper pier
- 14 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 15 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 16 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 17 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 18 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 19 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 20 3 days in Lake Travis area near Austin Texas
- 21 A Beautiful Bike Ride in Southern Delaware (Rehoboth, Bethany)
- 22 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 23 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 24 LA Long Weekend--Itinerary Help
- 25 Highway 1 Roadtrip