Our Merry Band for our Spring Break trip to Scottsdale and Sedona has just expanded. My MIL and FIL are going to be joining us. My MIL has just finished a long, nasty, cold, winter of chemo and needs to celebrate in the sun and warmth. Prior to her treatment she was (and still is) a huge walker/hiker and swims every day, etc. However, one of the side effects of her treatment has been extreme leg pain and she worries about her abilities to complete any strenuous hikes. Leaving her at the resorts will NOT be an option...she will NOT allow it. So, my challenge is to find some hikes that we can do where we actually feel like we are hiking and seeing beautiful scenery while simultaneously not being overly strenuous. Any thoughts?
Thanks so much.
"Gentle" hiking options in Scottsdale and Sedona
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 3 united and carry-ons
- 4 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 8 Cape Cod in early April
- 9 USA with a 3 year old
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver