My husband and I are a young couple coming from abroad, and are trying to squeeze as much as possible into our trip to Vegas:
Day 1: arrive 10am; Hoover Dam, drive to Sedona
Day 2: Sedona and Grand Canyon "touristy" stuff
Day 3: Hike the Grand Canyon, drive back to Vegas
Day 4: personal event in Vegas; drive to Bryce area in the early evening
Day 5: short hike at Bryce in the morning, longer hike in Zion in the afternoon, see a show in Vegas at night
Day 6: Day in Vegas- Red Rock Canyon, see the city sights (Bellagio, etc)
Day 7: Drive through Death Valley. Drive most of the way north to Yosemite.
Day 8-9: Yosemite
Day 10-11: Kings Canyon and Sequoia. Drive back to Vegas to sleep.
Day 12: Anything left in Vegas we want to do. Fly out that night.
Are we leaving enough time for Zion? Will August in Zion be too hot to hike in the afternoon? Should we skip Bryce and spend more time at Zion? Should we skip Sedona to make room for Bryce? Are 4 full days a good amount of time for the Californian part of the trip, given our time limitations?
We like hiking and want to see it all, even though we know we aren't spending enough time in any one place, as this will probably be our only opportunity to ever go out west. Also, we don't care about the Vegas scene much but the one show we did want to see is only available the night of Day 5- quite inconvenient as we will be in the city the day before!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 2 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 3 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 4 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 5 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 6 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 7 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 8 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 9 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 10 Boulder, CO vs Denver, CO
- 11 Boston Ideas
- 12 Week motorcycle ride
- 13 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 14 Crested Butte so expensive
- 15 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 16 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 17 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 18 Flower Piano
- 19 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 20 Maine weather and temps
- 21 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 22 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 23 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 24 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 25 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?