My husband and I are a young couple coming from abroad, and are trying to squeeze as much as possible into our trip to Vegas:
Day 1: arrive 10am; Hoover Dam, drive to Sedona
Day 2: Sedona and Grand Canyon "touristy" stuff
Day 3: Hike the Grand Canyon, drive back to Vegas
Day 4: personal event in Vegas; drive to Bryce area in the early evening
Day 5: short hike at Bryce in the morning, longer hike in Zion in the afternoon, see a show in Vegas at night
Day 6: Day in Vegas- Red Rock Canyon, see the city sights (Bellagio, etc)
Day 7: Drive through Death Valley. Drive most of the way north to Yosemite.
Day 8-9: Yosemite
Day 10-11: Kings Canyon and Sequoia. Drive back to Vegas to sleep.
Day 12: Anything left in Vegas we want to do. Fly out that night.
Are we leaving enough time for Zion? Will August in Zion be too hot to hike in the afternoon? Should we skip Bryce and spend more time at Zion? Should we skip Sedona to make room for Bryce? Are 4 full days a good amount of time for the Californian part of the trip, given our time limitations?
We like hiking and want to see it all, even though we know we aren't spending enough time in any one place, as this will probably be our only opportunity to ever go out west. Also, we don't care about the Vegas scene much but the one show we did want to see is only available the night of Day 5- quite inconvenient as we will be in the city the day before!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 2 BENEFITS OF BUYING A CARGO BIKE ONLINE
- 3 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 4 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 5 USA family tour
- 6 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 7 Send postcard to an inmate in jail - Inmateaid
- 8 US whole month of January where to
- 9 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 10 Dedicated server Netherlands
- 11 Places to stay in Skagway
- 12 A fun ride to Miami Disney Universal Studios
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 15 Bryce and Zion planning
- 16 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 17 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 18 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 19 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 20 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 21 Maui - luau question
- 22 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 23 Weekend in Chicago
- 24 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 25 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!