My husband and I are a young couple coming from abroad, and are trying to squeeze as much as possible into our trip to Vegas:
Day 1: arrive 10am; Hoover Dam, drive to Sedona
Day 2: Sedona and Grand Canyon "touristy" stuff
Day 3: Hike the Grand Canyon, drive back to Vegas
Day 4: personal event in Vegas; drive to Bryce area in the early evening
Day 5: short hike at Bryce in the morning, longer hike in Zion in the afternoon, see a show in Vegas at night
Day 6: Day in Vegas- Red Rock Canyon, see the city sights (Bellagio, etc)
Day 7: Drive through Death Valley. Drive most of the way north to Yosemite.
Day 8-9: Yosemite
Day 10-11: Kings Canyon and Sequoia. Drive back to Vegas to sleep.
Day 12: Anything left in Vegas we want to do. Fly out that night.
Are we leaving enough time for Zion? Will August in Zion be too hot to hike in the afternoon? Should we skip Bryce and spend more time at Zion? Should we skip Sedona to make room for Bryce? Are 4 full days a good amount of time for the Californian part of the trip, given our time limitations?
We like hiking and want to see it all, even though we know we aren't spending enough time in any one place, as this will probably be our only opportunity to ever go out west. Also, we don't care about the Vegas scene much but the one show we did want to see is only available the night of Day 5- quite inconvenient as we will be in the city the day before!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 2 No Spam this morning!!
- 3 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 4 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 5 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 6 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 7 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 8 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 9 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 10 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 11 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 12 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 13 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 14 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 15 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 16 Ideas for New York
- 17 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 18 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 19 Help us choose a hotel
- 20 Honeymoon on PCH
- 21 Magic Show
- 22 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 23 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 24 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 25 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017