My husband and I are a young couple coming from abroad, and are trying to squeeze as much as possible into our trip to Vegas:
Day 1: arrive 10am; Hoover Dam, drive to Sedona
Day 2: Sedona and Grand Canyon "touristy" stuff
Day 3: Hike the Grand Canyon, drive back to Vegas
Day 4: personal event in Vegas; drive to Bryce area in the early evening
Day 5: short hike at Bryce in the morning, longer hike in Zion in the afternoon, see a show in Vegas at night
Day 6: Day in Vegas- Red Rock Canyon, see the city sights (Bellagio, etc)
Day 7: Drive through Death Valley. Drive most of the way north to Yosemite.
Day 8-9: Yosemite
Day 10-11: Kings Canyon and Sequoia. Drive back to Vegas to sleep.
Day 12: Anything left in Vegas we want to do. Fly out that night.
Are we leaving enough time for Zion? Will August in Zion be too hot to hike in the afternoon? Should we skip Bryce and spend more time at Zion? Should we skip Sedona to make room for Bryce? Are 4 full days a good amount of time for the Californian part of the trip, given our time limitations?
We like hiking and want to see it all, even though we know we aren't spending enough time in any one place, as this will probably be our only opportunity to ever go out west. Also, we don't care about the Vegas scene much but the one show we did want to see is only available the night of Day 5- quite inconvenient as we will be in the city the day before!
Thanks in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 2 Wine Country
- 3 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs
- 4 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 5 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 6 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 7 What streets are safest to live on in the French Quarter?
- 8 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 9 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 10 Uber boston
- 11 I95
- 12 Pt Everglades to fll
- 13 Change planes in Atlanta
- 14 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 15 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 16 Please help me add SNP to my road trip!
- 17 Restaurants in Mesa
- 18 a short trip to san francisco
- 19 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 20 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 21 Advice for RV Touring with Baby.
- 22 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 23 Help me plan 1 week in Miami South Beach
- 24 Labor Day in Key West...Literally
- 25 Golden Triangle Trip LA>LV>SF>LA 03.30-04.14