Rented a car for the weekend at the Dollar rental agency at the Raleigh-Durham airport. As always, I opted to bring the car back with a full tank of gas. We had an early morning flight and couldn't find an open gas station so we decided to just return the car and pay the extra charge for their refueling. We were horrified to find out that Dollar was charging literally 4 times the price of gas at a gas station. I think they charges us $4.19 a gallon and refused to negogiate it. I have writte to Dollar asking for a 50% refund on the gas charges due to exhorbiant pricing. I am curious if other rental car companies charge 4 times the retail price of gas for a refueling charge.
Gas charges at Dollar car rental
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska