I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kennedy Space Center
- 2 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 5 week in US/Mexico
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 12 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 13 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 16 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 17 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 18 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 19 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 20 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 21 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 22 Jersey City Parking
- 23 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 24 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 25 Asheville NC without a car