I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Assist : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 AOL ACCOUNT 24*7
- 2 More problems for Big Sur
- 3 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 4 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 5 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 6 7 extremely useful cell phone car mount
- 7 NYC- fun and cool ideas
- 8 Miami for 2 days
- 9 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 10 Las Vegas trip report
- 11 How much cash do you travel with?
- 12 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 13 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 14 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 15 sugestions
- 16 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 17 Boston area hotels
- 18 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 19 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 20 Santa Fe Itineray
- 21 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 22 Quick road trip
- 23 What to request?
- 24 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 25 How much cash do you travel with?