I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 What to pack
- 4 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 5 First time, Best business class?
- 6 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 7 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 8 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 9 Kids Vacation Place
- 10 Desert Southwest
- 11 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 12 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 13 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 14 Boston waterfront Italian
- 15 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 16 US-Canada road trip help
- 17 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 18 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 19 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 20 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 21 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 22 Mardi Gras
- 23 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 24 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 25 Northern California Fall itinerary help