I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
- 1 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 2 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 3 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 4 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 RIP Judy Rogers
- 7 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 8 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 9 Boston area
- 10 Savanah Sojourn
- 11 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 12 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 15 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 16 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 20 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 23 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 Train from Boston to Rockport?