I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Obtain USA citizenship(passport,Driver's license,ID card,SSN)(+14848340858)
- 2 http://brainfireadvice.com/vitalure/
- 3 Zirconia Crowns
- 4 Facebook helps become better able to promote
- 5 DC Cherry Blossoms 2017
- 6 California Coast Road-Trip Must-Sees
- 7 http://purabellarev.com/intellex-plus/
- 8 It counters the aging effects which are....
- 9 Summer trip
- 10 Where to Stay in Philly in April?
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 NYC - 10 Nights - Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Help PLS Philli or Boston
- 14 Alaska Itinerary - Suggestions & Comments Please
- 15 How many states have you been to?
- 16 Family spring break destinations on the N.E. coast
- 17 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 18 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 19 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 20 Where to stay in Glacier NP
- 21 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 22 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 San Diego to Vancouver in 14 Days
- 25 Pacific Northwest with daughters