I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Back from the Big Easy
- 2 Border crossing
- 3 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 4 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 5 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 6 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 7 Cross country tips
- 8 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 9 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 10 Ideas for New York
- 11 Parka in PA during February?
- 12 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 13 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 14 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 15 Driving Alaska
- 16 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 17 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 18 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 19 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 20 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 21 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 22 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 23 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 24 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 25 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB