I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 2 Alcatrez sold out
- 3 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 4 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 5 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 6 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 7 Maine weather and temps
- 8 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 9 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 10 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 11 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 12 Need help planning....
- 13 L.A. and Sequoia
- 14 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 15 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 16 Week motorcycle ride
- 17 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 18 Broadway
- 19 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 20 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 21 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 22 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 23 Not enough time, i guess..
- 24 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 25 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?