I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 Adirondacks trip repot
- 4 Carmel CA lodging
- 5 Inrease Your concentration skills with Revive CBD Oil (USA)
- 6 Full Logic Solutions
- 7 It will maximize the production of testosterone
- 8 Trip to Russia
- 9 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 10 Clemix Testosterone Complex - Increase your Stamina Level
- 11 Driving CA 395
- 12 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 13 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 14 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 15 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 16 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 17 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 18 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 19 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 20 Maui and Kauai
- 21 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 22 Glacier National Park 2018
- 23 Hawaii wedding
- 24 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 25 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon