I'm in the Hampton Inn, just up the road from beautiful downtown Galax, VA where the 9th Annual Leaf and String Festival is just finishing up.
For those of you who like the old-time country music(not bluegrass)this is, if not a must at least a worthwhile place to visit if you are anywhere nearby.
We are pleased with the motel: nice room, flat-screen TV, comfortable beds, quiet AC, good service, OK bkfst included in price.
The festival takes place on about 4 blocks in Galax, with performances on two stages. The bands range from Good to Quite Good.
Bring your own folding chairs.
Parking is no problem. No parking meters on the streets.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 2 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 3 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 6 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 7 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 8 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 9 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 10 Is the New York subway safe?
- 11 Chicago eateries downtown
- 12 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 13 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 14 Where to from Tampa?
- 15 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 16 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 18 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 19 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 20 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 21 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 22 Nice place to stop for the night between Akron, OH and Walt Disney World.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 San Francisco Car Rental Question
- 25 Unique Honeymoon