I am going to a conference in D.C. in June. The conference ends on Thursday so a co-worker and I were planning on staying the weekend. Since the company will no longer be footing the bill for our rooms, we are going to need to stay elsewhere. Do you have any recommendations of an area in D.C. we should check out? We are two single, 30 somethings, so while we'd like to do some touristy things - we'd also like to stay some place within walking distance of good food and maybe a little nightlife (bar/pub, not a club). Any suggestions on where to stay and/or cool neighborhoods, restaurants, bars to check out?
Fun Areas to Stay in DC?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 2 Philadelphia Airport Hotels with Extended Parking
- 3 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 7 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 8 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 9 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 10 Dinner in Miami
- 11 Orlando to Savannah
- 12 Tipping advice
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 17 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 18 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 19 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 20 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 21 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 22 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 23 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 24 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 25 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches