Tabernash2 , you convinced us to bike around Coronado on Sunday morning (4 hours) and we really enjoyed the beauty of the island and San Diego Bay. As a benefit to this plan, as paula1470 said, we could change out of our biking clothes for our afternoon in Balboa Park. In order to spend as much time as possible in Balboa Park, we took a taxi from the Del Coronado instead of the ferry. Bstorr, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening in Balboa Park, including eating at Prado’s. We enjoyed everything! The Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) were very interesting. After a delicious dinner at Prado’s, we saw The Few in The Globe Theatre. The atmosphere in the smaller theater there was intimate and perfect for the performance. The actors were very believable in their parts and did an excellent job. DebitNM, we were definitely too late after the play on Sunday to take the ferry back. But we managed to take the ferry over from Coronado Island on Monday afternoon and grabbed the last ferry to leave San Diego at 9:00 pm. MichelleY, we took pictures of the outside of the USS Midway but since it closed at 5:00 on Monday, we toured the Maritime Museums instead (they were open until 8:00pm). Actually not a museum in a building like I expected, but four ships and two submarines with exhibits on them. We couldn’t believe we were standing in a 1970s Russian sub!) And Tomsd, I found your suggestion to eat at the Fish Market by the Midway, so we ate there Monday night for dinner. It was a perfect ending to a perfect two days. The food was fresh and delicious, the Kiss statue was uplifting, and they ended the evening with fireworks! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped in the planning of our trip!
Full Day and 1/2 in San Diego
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 2 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 3 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 8 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 9 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 10 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 11 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 New York City Restaurants
- 15 Dining in D.C.
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 19 Jersey City Parking
- 20 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 21 Washington DC Metro
- 22 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 23 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 24 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 25 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone