Tabernash2 , you convinced us to bike around Coronado on Sunday morning (4 hours) and we really enjoyed the beauty of the island and San Diego Bay. As a benefit to this plan, as paula1470 said, we could change out of our biking clothes for our afternoon in Balboa Park. In order to spend as much time as possible in Balboa Park, we took a taxi from the Del Coronado instead of the ferry. Bstorr, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening in Balboa Park, including eating at Prado’s. We enjoyed everything! The Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) were very interesting. After a delicious dinner at Prado’s, we saw The Few in The Globe Theatre. The atmosphere in the smaller theater there was intimate and perfect for the performance. The actors were very believable in their parts and did an excellent job. DebitNM, we were definitely too late after the play on Sunday to take the ferry back. But we managed to take the ferry over from Coronado Island on Monday afternoon and grabbed the last ferry to leave San Diego at 9:00 pm. MichelleY, we took pictures of the outside of the USS Midway but since it closed at 5:00 on Monday, we toured the Maritime Museums instead (they were open until 8:00pm). Actually not a museum in a building like I expected, but four ships and two submarines with exhibits on them. We couldn’t believe we were standing in a 1970s Russian sub!) And Tomsd, I found your suggestion to eat at the Fish Market by the Midway, so we ate there Monday night for dinner. It was a perfect ending to a perfect two days. The food was fresh and delicious, the Kiss statue was uplifting, and they ended the evening with fireworks! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped in the planning of our trip!
Full Day and 1/2 in San Diego
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy iPhone 5S gold,PS4,iPad AIR,Galaxy S4,Xperia Z1,BB Q0,Z10
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 11 Key Largo, FL
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Death Valley in June
- 14 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 15 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 16 San Diego grocery stores
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 19 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit