Tabernash2 , you convinced us to bike around Coronado on Sunday morning (4 hours) and we really enjoyed the beauty of the island and San Diego Bay. As a benefit to this plan, as paula1470 said, we could change out of our biking clothes for our afternoon in Balboa Park. In order to spend as much time as possible in Balboa Park, we took a taxi from the Del Coronado instead of the ferry. Bstorr, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening in Balboa Park, including eating at Prado’s. We enjoyed everything! The Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) were very interesting. After a delicious dinner at Prado’s, we saw The Few in The Globe Theatre. The atmosphere in the smaller theater there was intimate and perfect for the performance. The actors were very believable in their parts and did an excellent job. DebitNM, we were definitely too late after the play on Sunday to take the ferry back. But we managed to take the ferry over from Coronado Island on Monday afternoon and grabbed the last ferry to leave San Diego at 9:00 pm. MichelleY, we took pictures of the outside of the USS Midway but since it closed at 5:00 on Monday, we toured the Maritime Museums instead (they were open until 8:00pm). Actually not a museum in a building like I expected, but four ships and two submarines with exhibits on them. We couldn’t believe we were standing in a 1970s Russian sub!) And Tomsd, I found your suggestion to eat at the Fish Market by the Midway, so we ate there Monday night for dinner. It was a perfect ending to a perfect two days. The food was fresh and delicious, the Kiss statue was uplifting, and they ended the evening with fireworks! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped in the planning of our trip!
Full Day and 1/2 in San Diego
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 2 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 3 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 4 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 5 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 6 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 9 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 10 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 moving to florida
- 13 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 14 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 15 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 16 Our perfect day in Key West
- 17 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 18 culpepper
- 19 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 20 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 21 Road Trip SW
- 22 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 23 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 24 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 25 Mesa Verde