Tabernash2 , you convinced us to bike around Coronado on Sunday morning (4 hours) and we really enjoyed the beauty of the island and San Diego Bay. As a benefit to this plan, as paula1470 said, we could change out of our biking clothes for our afternoon in Balboa Park. In order to spend as much time as possible in Balboa Park, we took a taxi from the Del Coronado instead of the ferry. Bstorr, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening in Balboa Park, including eating at Prado’s. We enjoyed everything! The Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) were very interesting. After a delicious dinner at Prado’s, we saw The Few in The Globe Theatre. The atmosphere in the smaller theater there was intimate and perfect for the performance. The actors were very believable in their parts and did an excellent job. DebitNM, we were definitely too late after the play on Sunday to take the ferry back. But we managed to take the ferry over from Coronado Island on Monday afternoon and grabbed the last ferry to leave San Diego at 9:00 pm. MichelleY, we took pictures of the outside of the USS Midway but since it closed at 5:00 on Monday, we toured the Maritime Museums instead (they were open until 8:00pm). Actually not a museum in a building like I expected, but four ships and two submarines with exhibits on them. We couldn’t believe we were standing in a 1970s Russian sub!) And Tomsd, I found your suggestion to eat at the Fish Market by the Midway, so we ate there Monday night for dinner. It was a perfect ending to a perfect two days. The food was fresh and delicious, the Kiss statue was uplifting, and they ended the evening with fireworks! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped in the planning of our trip!
Full Day and 1/2 in San Diego
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 2 Self guided White House tour
- 3 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 4 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 5 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 6 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 7 Northwest USA
- 8 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 9 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 10 Central Coast-California
- 11 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 12 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 13 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 14 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 15 Moving to CT
- 16 Hotels Philly
- 17 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 18 Ackislander
- 19 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 20 san diego or nearby area
- 21 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 22 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 23 LA for a day and a half
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 ski trip: utah or colorado