Tabernash2 , you convinced us to bike around Coronado on Sunday morning (4 hours) and we really enjoyed the beauty of the island and San Diego Bay. As a benefit to this plan, as paula1470 said, we could change out of our biking clothes for our afternoon in Balboa Park. In order to spend as much time as possible in Balboa Park, we took a taxi from the Del Coronado instead of the ferry. Bstorr, we spent all Sunday afternoon and evening in Balboa Park, including eating at Prado’s. We enjoyed everything! The Museum of Photographic Arts and the San Diego Art Institute (SDAI) were very interesting. After a delicious dinner at Prado’s, we saw The Few in The Globe Theatre. The atmosphere in the smaller theater there was intimate and perfect for the performance. The actors were very believable in their parts and did an excellent job. DebitNM, we were definitely too late after the play on Sunday to take the ferry back. But we managed to take the ferry over from Coronado Island on Monday afternoon and grabbed the last ferry to leave San Diego at 9:00 pm. MichelleY, we took pictures of the outside of the USS Midway but since it closed at 5:00 on Monday, we toured the Maritime Museums instead (they were open until 8:00pm). Actually not a museum in a building like I expected, but four ships and two submarines with exhibits on them. We couldn’t believe we were standing in a 1970s Russian sub!) And Tomsd, I found your suggestion to eat at the Fish Market by the Midway, so we ate there Monday night for dinner. It was a perfect ending to a perfect two days. The food was fresh and delicious, the Kiss statue was uplifting, and they ended the evening with fireworks! Wow! Thanks to everyone who helped in the planning of our trip!
Full Day and 1/2 in San Diego
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 2 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 3 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Travel Agencies in New York reliable
- 5 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 6 Considering moving from Boston to North Carolina
- 7 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 8 boston
- 9 Spring Break in Charleston
- 10 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 11 Paso Robles Here We Come...!
- 12 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 13 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 14 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 15 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 16 visiting chicago
- 17 Outskirts of New Orleans Hotel
- 18 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 19 Looking For best Holiday Destination
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 21 Accommodation : Jan 2016 LA Los Vegas
- 22 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone via Denver
- 24 driving Yellowstone to Denver
- 25 Boston for Easter -- mainly dining questions.