I am really frustrated with VRBO owners. It seems very few owners update the calendar, even though VRBO specifically tells them to do so. I contacted 9 owners for dates next winter who, according to their calendar, had openings. 6 waited until I emailed twice and called ( I had to leave a message) and then finally emailed back they were booked!! I may have missed out on other bookings with such delay. Of the 9 VRBO owners I emailed, only 2 replied promptly. I'm still waiting for others. These have all been in the Phoenix area. Is this standard for US owners? I think they were waiting for repeat renters to commit, but be honest and tell me that. Also, I think cleaning fees of $200 are excessive. When a renter leaves, he takes all his stuff with him. Then we are told to wash one load, the dishes, etc. We did rent a place last month in the Phoenix area through VRBO from an owner in Canada and he was wonderful in responding. Maybe I need to work with Canadian owners!!!
Frustrated with VRBO owners
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 2 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 3 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 7 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 8 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 9 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 10 Key West Hotel in January
- 11 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 12 los angeles restaurants
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips