I am really frustrated with VRBO owners. It seems very few owners update the calendar, even though VRBO specifically tells them to do so. I contacted 9 owners for dates next winter who, according to their calendar, had openings. 6 waited until I emailed twice and called ( I had to leave a message) and then finally emailed back they were booked!! I may have missed out on other bookings with such delay. Of the 9 VRBO owners I emailed, only 2 replied promptly. I'm still waiting for others. These have all been in the Phoenix area. Is this standard for US owners? I think they were waiting for repeat renters to commit, but be honest and tell me that. Also, I think cleaning fees of $200 are excessive. When a renter leaves, he takes all his stuff with him. Then we are told to wash one load, the dishes, etc. We did rent a place last month in the Phoenix area through VRBO from an owner in Canada and he was wonderful in responding. Maybe I need to work with Canadian owners!!!
Frustrated with VRBO owners
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 2 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 3 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 7 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 8 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 9 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 10 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 11 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 16 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 17 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 18 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 19 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 24 Maui vacation
- 25 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands