I am really frustrated with VRBO owners. It seems very few owners update the calendar, even though VRBO specifically tells them to do so. I contacted 9 owners for dates next winter who, according to their calendar, had openings. 6 waited until I emailed twice and called ( I had to leave a message) and then finally emailed back they were booked!! I may have missed out on other bookings with such delay. Of the 9 VRBO owners I emailed, only 2 replied promptly. I'm still waiting for others. These have all been in the Phoenix area. Is this standard for US owners? I think they were waiting for repeat renters to commit, but be honest and tell me that. Also, I think cleaning fees of $200 are excessive. When a renter leaves, he takes all his stuff with him. Then we are told to wash one load, the dishes, etc. We did rent a place last month in the Phoenix area through VRBO from an owner in Canada and he was wonderful in responding. Maybe I need to work with Canadian owners!!!
Frustrated with VRBO owners
View all United States activity »
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 Madison Square Garden
- 4 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 5 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 6 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 7 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 8 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 9 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 10 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 11 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 12 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 13 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 14 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 19 Biloxi questions again
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 24 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 25 San Antonio