I am really frustrated with VRBO owners. It seems very few owners update the calendar, even though VRBO specifically tells them to do so. I contacted 9 owners for dates next winter who, according to their calendar, had openings. 6 waited until I emailed twice and called ( I had to leave a message) and then finally emailed back they were booked!! I may have missed out on other bookings with such delay. Of the 9 VRBO owners I emailed, only 2 replied promptly. I'm still waiting for others. These have all been in the Phoenix area. Is this standard for US owners? I think they were waiting for repeat renters to commit, but be honest and tell me that. Also, I think cleaning fees of $200 are excessive. When a renter leaves, he takes all his stuff with him. Then we are told to wash one load, the dishes, etc. We did rent a place last month in the Phoenix area through VRBO from an owner in Canada and he was wonderful in responding. Maybe I need to work with Canadian owners!!!
Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 1 Small Sofas
- 2 Boothbay Harbor and New Harbor on the same day?
- 3 Olympic & Rainier itinerary -- please suggest changes
- 4 Trying To Find a Place
- 5 San Francisco Pacific Heights
- 6 romantic colorado trip
- 7 Fourth of July Weekend
- 8 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 9 Fires in Colorado
- 10 Marcola?
- 11 Napa wineries for wine novices
- 12 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 13 Updates from Hanalei
- 14 Can you help me complete my itinerary?
- 15 Hi from Sacramento GTG!
- 16 White Water Rafting Bachelor Party
- 17 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 18 Asian fusion/Thai restaurant in Vegas for a celebration
- 19 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Maine mid-coast recommendations?
- 22 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 23 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 24 Key West at Christmas time
- 25 Orlando Parks - Cheapest short term tickets