Who makes the best travel guides: Frommers or Fodors. I personally prefere Frommers guides because they are written by locals who are more candid and personal and even have a thing in the front about why they love their city. I also prefere Frommers itineraries and reviews of attractions, restaurants and hotels which I find more interesting and reliable. Also Frommers lists the price of hotel rooms and attractions while fodors does not. Finnally the photos and little tidbits about the city and what makes it unique really get you excited about the trip. However, Fodors does have the best message boards. What do you think Fodors or Frommers?
Frommers vs Fodors
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 2 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 3 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 4 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 5 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 6 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 7 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 8 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 9 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 10 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 11 California
- 12 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 13 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 16 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 17 Cross Country RV Trip
- 18 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 19 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 20 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 21 Texas
- 22 Hotels Philly
- 23 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 24 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 25 Petrified national forest, AZ