Who makes the best travel guides: Frommers or Fodors. I personally prefere Frommers guides because they are written by locals who are more candid and personal and even have a thing in the front about why they love their city. I also prefere Frommers itineraries and reviews of attractions, restaurants and hotels which I find more interesting and reliable. Also Frommers lists the price of hotel rooms and attractions while fodors does not. Finnally the photos and little tidbits about the city and what makes it unique really get you excited about the trip. However, Fodors does have the best message boards. What do you think Fodors or Frommers?
Frommers vs Fodors
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 California road trip
- 5 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 6 Seattle Hyatts
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 9 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 10 San Diego - wher to stay
- 11 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 12 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 13 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 14 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 15 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 16 Berkshires in late October
- 17 2 day in Adirondack park
- 18 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 19 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 22 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 23 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 Vail or Aspen in summertime?