Hubby and I are first time travelers to CA, and our itinerary is quite ambitious. Prior to arriving SanFran, our itinerary includes hiking in Yosemite and Sequoia; driving to Santa Barbara; and then driving 3 days up the Pacific Coast Highway to SanFran. We will have only 1 day to explore Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito. Game plan so far is as follows: Get to Muir Woods at 8AM opening; spend 1 to 1-1/2 hour exploring; drive up the coast a bit from Muir Beach to Stinson Beach and then up Mt. Tamalpais. OK, now how do we get to Napa for visit to Domaine Carneros and/or Silverado trail to Silverado? We just want to "taste", no winery tours. Lunch perhaps in St. Helena and then return to SF via Sausalito maybe in time for dinner in Sausalito? Any and all comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks.
From SanFran:Muir Woods/Napa/Sausalito Itinerary Wanted
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 4 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 5 Timeshare Nightmares
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 8 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 9 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 12 Family Camp in Maine
- 13 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 14 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 15 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 16 New York City Restaurants
- 17 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 18 San Diego
- 19 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 20 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 21 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 22 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 23 Phoenix restaurants
- 24 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 25 Travel West Coast