Hubby and I are first time travelers to CA, and our itinerary is quite ambitious. Prior to arriving SanFran, our itinerary includes hiking in Yosemite and Sequoia; driving to Santa Barbara; and then driving 3 days up the Pacific Coast Highway to SanFran. We will have only 1 day to explore Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito. Game plan so far is as follows: Get to Muir Woods at 8AM opening; spend 1 to 1-1/2 hour exploring; drive up the coast a bit from Muir Beach to Stinson Beach and then up Mt. Tamalpais. OK, now how do we get to Napa for visit to Domaine Carneros and/or Silverado trail to Silverado? We just want to "taste", no winery tours. Lunch perhaps in St. Helena and then return to SF via Sausalito maybe in time for dinner in Sausalito? Any and all comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Turo?
- 2 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 3 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 4 Florida Beaches Compared To Caribbean
- 5 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 6 Recommendations for Hikes in Glacier National Park
- 7 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 8 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 9 NYC For The Day
- 10 Alaska cruise excursions?
- 11 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 12 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 13 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 14 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 15 Cross Country Road Trip VA - San Francisco
- 16 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 17 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 18 US whole month of January where to
- 19 Need help nailing down the details
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 Inexpensive, Good Indian Food NYC
- 22 Hotel near Westlake Village California
- 23 Roof Top Bars Opinions: NYC
- 24 See Alaska by train
- 25 Telluride and Silverton