Hubby and I are first time travelers to CA, and our itinerary is quite ambitious. Prior to arriving SanFran, our itinerary includes hiking in Yosemite and Sequoia; driving to Santa Barbara; and then driving 3 days up the Pacific Coast Highway to SanFran. We will have only 1 day to explore Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito. Game plan so far is as follows: Get to Muir Woods at 8AM opening; spend 1 to 1-1/2 hour exploring; drive up the coast a bit from Muir Beach to Stinson Beach and then up Mt. Tamalpais. OK, now how do we get to Napa for visit to Domaine Carneros and/or Silverado trail to Silverado? We just want to "taste", no winery tours. Lunch perhaps in St. Helena and then return to SF via Sausalito maybe in time for dinner in Sausalito? Any and all comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 2 What to do in Portland, Maine
- 3 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 4 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 5 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 6 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 7 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 8 Crested Butte lodging suggestions...summer
- 9 what western states to spend the most time in
- 10 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 11 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 12 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 13 10 Days- California during the holidays
- 14 Kauai in November
- 15 What's There to Do in Kauai???
- 16 Hawaii - where?
- 17 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 18 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 19 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 20 Little Compton, RI
- 21 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 22 Moab UT Accommendations
- 23 A week in NYC - first timers
- 24 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 25 New Orleans/long weekend in September