Hubby and I are first time travelers to CA, and our itinerary is quite ambitious. Prior to arriving SanFran, our itinerary includes hiking in Yosemite and Sequoia; driving to Santa Barbara; and then driving 3 days up the Pacific Coast Highway to SanFran. We will have only 1 day to explore Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito. Game plan so far is as follows: Get to Muir Woods at 8AM opening; spend 1 to 1-1/2 hour exploring; drive up the coast a bit from Muir Beach to Stinson Beach and then up Mt. Tamalpais. OK, now how do we get to Napa for visit to Domaine Carneros and/or Silverado trail to Silverado? We just want to "taste", no winery tours. Lunch perhaps in St. Helena and then return to SF via Sausalito maybe in time for dinner in Sausalito? Any and all comments and suggestions welcomed! Thanks.
From SanFran:Muir Woods/Napa/Sausalito Itinerary Wanted
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 2 ONP help
- 3 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 4 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 5 California road trip
- 6 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 7 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 8 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 9 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 10 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 12 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Road Tour in Usa
- 15 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 16 So you love handbags!
- 17 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 18 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 19 replica designer handbags
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 24 Re-Visit DC
- 25 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls