I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, Monument, Grand Canyon, Death Valley Yosemite Itinerary help!
- 2 EspN Falcons vs Saints live St-ream Monday Night Football On-line 2016
- 3 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 4 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 5 Cross-Country trip advice
- 6 Sunday brunch Kauai this weekend!
- 7 California Coast
- 8 Parking Downtown St. Louis
- 9 University of Florida Public Campus Parking
- 10 Restaurants, Penn Quarter, Washington, DC
- 11 California Channel Island Santa Cruz Snorkeling
- 12 Washington State Attractions in Winter
- 13 Where is a bus station in NJ close to NY that I can take to Manhattan?
- 14 Monday Morning Traffic to Laguardia from NW CT
- 15 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 16 Finding Steve Perry
- 17 Mendocino County Wineries?
- 18 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 19 Washington DC
- 20 Driving from Orlando, Fl to Austin, TX
- 21 Hotel near Chase field, Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 22 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 23 Glacier National Park
- 24 Vacation Ideas?
- 25 Wild West Road Trip