I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philly Itinerary Help
- 2 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 3 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!
- 4 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 5 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 6 Costco Travel
- 7 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 8 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 9 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 10 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 11 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 12 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 13 USA family tour
- 14 Country Walkers
- 15 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 16 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 17 BWI to Gaylord National Harbor
- 18 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 19 Sacramento Hotel
- 20 Road trip Missoula mt. to walla walla WA
- 21 4 days road trip southern New England
- 22 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 23 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 24 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 25 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170321152505