I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
From San Diego to Vancouver and back again
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego - wher to stay
- 2 California road trip
- 3 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 4 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 5 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 6 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 7 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 8 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 9 Berkshires in late October
- 10 2 day in Adirondack park
- 11 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 12 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 NYC Clubs for live music
- 15 Mesa Verde
- 16 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 17 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 18 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 19 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 20 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 23 Seattle: Something Different?
- 24 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 25 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?