I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
From San Diego to Vancouver and back again
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 searching for urban master planned community
- 2 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 3 New England September
- 4 Hawaii Group Travel
- 5 Austin Food Trucks
- 6 New York To Ashville NC
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 9 Fmpden, are you there?
- 10 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 11 Planning Christmas in NYC-is it nuts?
- 12 Southern NJ and Bucks County PA - how's it look?
- 13 Train from Memphis to New Orleans
- 14 Charleston Islands
- 15 Family Spring Break 2015
- 16 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 17 san diego or nearby area
- 18 Mother Daughter Trip
- 19 Favorite Lodging/Dining in Jackson Falls, WY
- 20 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 21 Best VoIP headset?
- 22 Family lodging in/near Moab?
- 23 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 24 vacation rentals near Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?