I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 2 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 3 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 4 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 5 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 6 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 7 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 8 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 9 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 10 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 11 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 14 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 15 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 16 Alcatrez sold out
- 17 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 18 WA to CT
- 19 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 20 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 21 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 22 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 23 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 24 Maine weather and temps
- 25 L.A. and Sequoia