I could use some advice. My girlfriend and I are planning a roughly (time is somewhat flexible) 2-week road trip starting in mid-May. We're going to travel from our hometown, Tucson, to San Diego to borrow my dad's car. Then, we plan to make our way up to Vancouver, turn around and come back down, trade cars back, and head back to Tucson. I know the Pacific Coast Highway is a must and will definitely be included, but I can't see traveling that way both up and down the coast. I was thinking we might go more inland for the initial trip up from San Diego, maybe go to Yosemite and work our way up from there, then hit major cities and other stuff on the way down the PCH back to San Diego. Any suggested itineraries for such a trip? I guess the idea would be to see different stuff going both directions, and also to not stop in teh same cities on the way up and on the way back. I really haven't driven much above San Diego where much of my family lives now, so if you have ideas about how to tackle such a venture, that would be great. We're relatively fit and up for anything if that helps with your suggestions. Thanks for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 2 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 3 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 4 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 5 Beer Bar - NYC
- 6 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 7 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 8 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 11 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 12 Seattle?
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 15 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 16 costco Big island
- 17 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 18 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 19 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 21 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 22 Wedding gifts?
- 23 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 24 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 25 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging