I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 2 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 3 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 4 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 5 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 6 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 7 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 8 moving to florida
- 9 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 10 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 11 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 12 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 13 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 14 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 15 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 16 Cape Cod trip report
- 17 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 18 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 19 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Seafood
- 22 2 weeks in Alaska
- 23 San Diego farmer's markets
- 24 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 25 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!