I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEEDED: Travel Agent for Honeymoon in Hawaii
- 2 Need anniversary dinner in Boston
- 3 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 4 Hertz closed for Labor Day Holiday? (Santa Monica)
- 5 November trip to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce
- 6 Quick NYC weekend with 6 yr old
- 7 Must eats in Fort Worth,TX
- 8 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall
- 9 Pt. Reyes with kids
- 10 Rose Parade Novice
- 11 Road trip October
- 12 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 13 Maui hotel for 20 somethings...
- 14 Denver area Lower elevation mt. suggestions
- 15 Advice on American Trip
- 16 Niagara Falls train stations
- 17 Kauai: Marriott Resort??
- 18 Washington, D.C. Metro info please?
- 19 Best rest area on Route 81 Sourht through Virginia
- 20 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 21 Colorado questions
- 22 Rail from New York to Washington, D.C.
- 23 Mount Rushmore, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone to Jackson Hole
- 24 Colter Bay Village - GTNP question
- 25 Two Weeks in Bay Area/Lake Tahoe/Yosemite/Big Sur - Itinerary Help