I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Returned from Sedona
- 2 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 3 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 4 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 5 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 6 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 7 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 8 Magazine St. and Garden District favorites
- 9 Centra Coast Wildlife
- 10 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 11 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 12 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 13 Western U.S. Road trip
- 14 Looking For Specific Accommodation Recommendations
- 15 Martha's Vineyard area
- 16 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 17 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 18 Awesome Things to do in Door County in the Summer
- 19 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 20 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 21 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 22 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 23 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 24 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 25 Vacation Destination for Large Family