I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 2 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 3 Alaska
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 6 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 7 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 10 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 13 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 14 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 15 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 16 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 17 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 18 San Diego grocery stores
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 25 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde