I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
- 1 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 2 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 3 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 4 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 5 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 6 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 7 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 8 Boston and surrounding area
- 9 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 10 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 11 Newport, RI Questions
- 12 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 13 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 15 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 16 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 17 Using public transit in San Diego
- 18 Rafting trip on the Snake River (Tetons/Jackson Hole)
- 19 Seward to Anchorage
- 20 Little Rock, Arkansas, Clinton Library
- 21 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 22 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 23 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 24 Boat hotel vacation for a few days in Midwest
- 25 Car trip from Seattle