I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 2 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Wedding venue in NH
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Alaska
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 20 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 Dividing time in Grand Canyon