I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
- 1 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 2 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 3 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 4 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 5 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 6 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Question about Boulder area
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 13 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 14 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 15 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 16 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 17 Biloxi questions again
- 18 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 19 Madison Square Garden
- 20 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 21 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 22 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Warm and don't Drive
- 25 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple