I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking in Boston
- 2 Garage Door Repair
- 3 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 4 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 5 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 6 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 7 Royal Kahana Maui
- 8 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 9 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 10 Road trip out west
- 11 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 12 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 13 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 14 Lake Chelan
- 15 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 16 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 17 1st trip to Colorado
- 18 Mystic CT
- 19 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 20 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 21 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 22 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 23 Las vegas +21
- 24 Your favourite places in New York City
- 25 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?