I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - mid October
- 2 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 3 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 4 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 5 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 6 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 7 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 8 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 9 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 10 Napa Wineries to Visit/San Fran Traffic Question
- 11 Recommendations for Moderately Priced Dining in Moab?
- 12 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 13 Road Trip
- 14 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 15 Road trip itinerary
- 16 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 17 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 18 best area to stay in san diego
- 19 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 20 Vegas hotels for families
- 21 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 22 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 23 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 24 Boulder Hotels. Want nice !! Near U of C
- 25 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??