I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From Seattle airport to the city
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 9 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 10 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Dining in Manhattan
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 New York City Christmas Trip
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 17 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 18 Colorado Skiing
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 24 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 25 Northern West Coast Road Trip