I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 2 New Orleans and Slidell
- 3 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 4 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 5 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 6 Two days out of Seattle
- 7 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 8 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 9 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 10 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 12 Maine
- 13 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 14 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 15 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 16 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 17 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 18 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 19 Back From Alaska
- 20 Pacific coast road trip
- 21 December trip to see snow
- 22 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 23 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 24 Senior Travel Helper
- 25 your favorite city USA?