I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Trip to New Mexico
- 2 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 3 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 4 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 5 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 6 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 7 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 8 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 9 San Antonio shopping
- 10 Which island for R&R?
- 11 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 12 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 13 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 14 blue ridge parkway?
- 15 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 16 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 17 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 18 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 19 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 20 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 21 San Diego, mission valley
- 22 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 25 Seattle?