I previously post this question on another topic, but with the suggestion of another member, I'm making a new one here since it's a bit different then the original that is 2 years old.
Me and a friend are going to fly in orlando (from Montreal) on January 3rd and we are going to travel on the route 98 from Orlando to New Orleans. Since we arrived at noon, we were planning to take 2 and a half day for the ride, stopping at places of interested, before arriving in NO, spending like 5 days in the area before heading back to Orlando and finally, to Montreal in the evening of the 12th of January. We were wandering what are the places not to be missed along our way in terms of state parks (St joseph, St Georges, Bald Point, Tate's hell, etc. etc. etc.) and town worth stopping along our trip. We'll have camping gear to camp or we'll take cheap motels. We're both really excited about heading to New Orleans and this part of the coast, so any information, advices, tips or else we'll be be really appreciated about the route 98 or the must-see in New Orleans and the area.
Thank you very much!
From Orlando to New Orleans : roadtrippin' route 98
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 2 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 3 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 4 NYC Clubs for live music
- 5 Mesa Verde
- 6 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 9 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 10 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 11 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 14 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 15 Berkshires in late October
- 16 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 17 Seattle: Something Different?
- 18 California road trip
- 19 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 20 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 21 ONP help
- 22 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 23 Savanah Sojourn
- 24 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 25 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest