We are planning our vacation trip in September and would need advice from you fellow Fodors. Me and my wife will be travelling with a 2yr. old and my mother. We picked Great Smoky Mountain or Shenandoah because we like hiking and nature exploring, but we are open for other options for a relaxing family vacation.
Here are my questions:
1. Is Great Smoky too demanding for travelling with a baby and senior? We want to make sure we are not stressed out during the trip. If not, what kind of gear would you recommend us bringing?
2. Can we do only one park or both (Great Smoky vs. Shenandoah)? If one, which one should I pick?
3. It's a long drive from Ohio to TN (or NC for Shenandoah), what's the stopping places I should consider?
4. Is any section of the skyline drive that I should not miss?
5. Hotel recommendations around either park? Around skyline drive?
6. Fun activities for the whole family?
7. Our dates are flexible, we are considering the first week of September, any reason this is a bad idea?
Here is a draft itinerary, we will be driving from Ohio, and stopped at Cincinnati first, then continue to TN.
Day 1 - Arriving some place around Great Smoky (Ashville?)
Day 2 and 3 - Great Smoky
Day 4 - Skyline Drive Part 1
Day 5 - Skyline Drive Part 2
Day 6 - Shenandoah?
Day 7 - Shenandoah?
Day 8 - Driving Back to Ohio
Thank you for the help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 릴게임오리지널신천지 ⊙접속 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 2 오리지날릴게임손오공 ⊙접속 : 【_mk289.com_】
- 3 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 4 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 5 Miami airport--safety??
- 6 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 7 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 8 US whole month of January where to
- 9 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 10 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 11 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 12 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 13 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 14 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 15 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 16 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 17 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 18 Cleveland West Side Market
- 19 Recent Spam Attacks
- 20 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 21 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 22 Maui - luau question
- 23 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 24 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 25 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
From Ohio to Great Smoky Mountain (or Shenandoah) with a baby and a senior