We are driving our daughter from Little Rock, AR, to her new home in Oakland, CA, the week of August 20. None of us have travelled much in the West, and never have we driven across the country. Having happened rather quickly, I am scrambling to gather information. I would like to stay in some fun places, but we also need to arrive within 5 days. Once we get her settled, my husband and I will take a few days in San Francisco before flying home. Any advice---primarily about the road trip??? I-40 all the way to CA?? I think I have to at least turn north and stop in Santa Fe.Ordinarilly I would be reading every guidebook on the shelf, but there is so little time.
From Arkansas to California
- 1 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 2 Albuquerque to Denver
- 3 Iteneray help: Santa Fe-Taos-Durango-Colorado Springs
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 6 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 7 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 8 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 9 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 10 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 11 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 12 Meredith New Hampshire
- 13 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 14 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 15 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 16 Road Trip From Indiana to California..what to do?
- 17 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 18 coast drive from Seattle to San Francisco
- 19 5 State memorial day round trip!
- 20 Muir Woods from SF, then to Carmel - best plan?
- 21 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 22 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 23 When will the WTC musuem in NYC open?
- 24 Kennebunkport Restaurants
- 25 NYC