We are driving our daughter from Little Rock, AR, to her new home in Oakland, CA, the week of August 20. None of us have travelled much in the West, and never have we driven across the country. Having happened rather quickly, I am scrambling to gather information. I would like to stay in some fun places, but we also need to arrive within 5 days. Once we get her settled, my husband and I will take a few days in San Francisco before flying home. Any advice---primarily about the road trip??? I-40 all the way to CA?? I think I have to at least turn north and stop in Santa Fe.Ordinarilly I would be reading every guidebook on the shelf, but there is so little time.
From Arkansas to California
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA trip
- 2 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 3 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 4 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 5 Cape Cod in October
- 6 Air Connections on Maui
- 7 Theater Historians
- 8 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 9 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 12 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 15 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 16 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 17 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 18 Getaway
- 19 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 20 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 23 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 24 Boston hotel & transportation
- 25 Nashville Trip Report: July 2014