There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 6 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 7 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 8 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 9 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 10 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 11 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 12 USA with a 3 year old
- 13 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 14 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 15 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 16 Universal studios/Orlando
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Wedding venue in NH
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 21 San Diego parks and attractions
- 22 Alaska
- 23 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 24 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 25 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants