There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 2 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 3 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 4 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 5 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 6 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Phoenix restaurants
- 9 5 week in US/Mexico
- 10 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 11 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 12 10 day trip to California
- 13 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 14 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 Rafting near Denali
- 17 New York City Restaurants
- 18 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 20 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 21 Kennedy Space Center
- 22 Week in October in Maine
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 25 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~