There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 8 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips