There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 trip advice from TN to TX
- 2 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 3 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 4 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 5 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 6 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 9 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 10 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 11 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 12 Clearwater FL area
- 13 san diego or nearby area
- 14 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 15 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 16 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 17 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 20 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 21 Charleston, SC help
- 22 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 23 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 24 middlebury vt snow
- 25 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah