There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle to San Francisco itinerary
- 2 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 3 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 Help! Need a good road trip idea from SF for Thanksgiving
- 6 New Orleans
- 7 Vintage NYC Subway Cars in operation for the 2014 Holiday season
- 8 Baytown, Texas
- 9 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 10 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 11 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 12 Seattle Restaurant for Graduation luncheon
- 13 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 14 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 15 LOS ANGELES AREA HOCKEY TRIP JANUARY
- 16 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 17 Santa Barbara area
- 18 Boston in winter?
- 19 Hilton Gardens - Marina Del Ray - Restaurants near by???
- 20 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 21 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 22 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 23 Subway to Peter Luger's?
- 24 Your voice for Airbnb is needed
- 25 Need advice for visiting Oahu.