There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 2 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 3 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 Zion the narrows
- 5 Advice on Roadtrip
- 6 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 7 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 8 Best car to rent for driving around Oahu and Maui
- 9 Santa Barbara Trip Report
- 10 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 11 Los Angeles day trips
- 12 Hawaiian Islands
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 14 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 15 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 16 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 17 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 18 Cabin in Asheville area
- 19 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 20 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 21 Seattle Transportation??
- 22 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 25 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics