There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 2 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 3 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 4 What To See & Do in Rapid City
- 5 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 6 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming
- 7 Las Vegas must sees
- 8 adams morgan - safety
- 9 Morning in miami
- 10 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 11 Grand Marais?
- 12 Grand Teton in October
- 13 Top NOtch restaurant Minneapolis
- 14 3 1/2 days on Oahu
- 15 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 16 Do foreign visitors need special car insurance?
- 17 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 18 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 19 Unique & off the beaten path accomodations for Nature Lovers
- 20 Dublin International Customs / Connections
- 21 US Southwest
- 22 New England Road Trip- RI, MA, NH, ME
- 23 Traveling from Portland to San Fran/Napa Valley
- 24 Driving - Philadelphia to San Francisco
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour