There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
View all United States activity »
- 1 St. Augustine, Florida
- 2 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 5 Fripp island
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 8 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 9 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 10 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 11 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 12 Where should I move to?
- 13 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 14 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 17 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 18 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 19 Hotel near Public Theater
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Oahu Information