There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 2 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 3 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 4 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 5 Hana hotels in August
- 6 Driving Seattle to Lethbridge
- 7 September Long Weekend in SW Colorado
- 8 from Moab to Bryce
- 9 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 10 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 11 Berkshires
- 12 Spring Break in Charleston
- 13 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 14 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 15 Hana question
- 16 Sea world San Diego
- 17 Hawaii is still Hell
- 18 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 19 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 20 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 21 Alaska cruise on Celebrity Solstice
- 22 Car rentals- San Francisco
- 23 Chicago - Girl Scout Itinerary
- 24 Montana- what are must see places?
- 25 Clearwater visit.