There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 3 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 4 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 5 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 6 Road Trip SW
- 7 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 8 Chicago trip
- 9 NYC IN AUGUST
- 10 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 11 culpepper
- 12 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 13 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 14 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 15 Fancy dining
- 16 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 17 Will have five days in Savannah
- 18 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 19 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 20 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 21 Itinerary opinions
- 22 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 23 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip