There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 2 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 3 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 4 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 5 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 8 Best places to move to Florida?
- 9 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 10 Juneau May 8th
- 11 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 14 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 18 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 19 West Coast Bound End of March
- 20 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 21 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 22 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Question about Miami travel
- 25 Salt Lake City