There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 2 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 3 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 4 Oregon Road Trip
- 5 Colorado aspen updates
- 6 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 7 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 8 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 9 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 12 4 week family trip ideas
- 13 Newport Restaurants
- 14 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 15 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 16 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 17 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 18 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 19 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 Question About Sealodge
- 22 Broadway choices
- 23 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 24 Fairbanks Alaska
- 25 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?