There’s a great family tourist destination in eastern Iowa. It’s the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum (iowa80truckingmuseum.com) at the Walcott interchange, mile marker 284, along Interstate 80. That’s about 10 miles west of Davenport and the Quad-Cities area. My wife and I took our grandson and granddaughter there, and they both loved the display of old trucks. There's a theater with continuous videos about trucking, lots of gas station signs and other trucking memorabilia. I particularly liked the collection of restored antique gas pumps. The Iowa 80 Trucking Museum also has a visitor center with clean rest rooms and a gift shop. The place is open daily Wednesdays through Sundays, but here’s the best part: Admission is FREE! The museum is right next to the world’s largest truck stop, Iowa 80 Truckstop, and there are three hotels and a bunch of restaurants at the interchange. Take your camera!
Free antique truck museum in eastern Iowa
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Notom-Burr or Rt 12 from Capitol Reef to Bryce
- 2 Girls' Getaway
- 3 San Jose Airport to Paso Robles
- 4 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 5 New York City - apartment locations
- 6 Car Rental in Sedona
- 7 places to stay south coast long island NY
- 8 Murray Hill NYC restaurants
- 9 NYC hotel/July
- 10 3-Days Driving from Denver to Santa Fe: Suggestions?
- 11 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 12 3 or 4 days north of San Francisco with kids
- 13 new york subway help please
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 16 Local Bus from Lake Powell resort to Page, AZ
- 17 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 18 Overnight at the airport or into Manhattan at midnight?
- 19 East coast itinerary for 10 days from Toronto
- 20 Sheraton Maui or Maui Marriott Ocean Club
- 21 Vegas,Sedona,GC,Page,Bryce,Zion
- 22 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 23 NYC with my 13 year old
- 24 Las Vegas must sees
- 25 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC