My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 2 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 3 driving from Atlanta to Denver
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 6 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 7 Seattle?
- 8 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 9 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 12 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 13 Airport Advice for GNP
- 14 Day trips from Boston
- 15 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 16 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 17 November redwoods trip
- 18 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 19 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 20 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 21 Southern history- walkable cities
- 22 Wedding gifts?
- 23 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Florida couples first trip to Maine