My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days vacation in California
- 2 Retiring to Tucson
- 3 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 4 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 5 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 6 Utah National Parks visit
- 7 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 8 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 9 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 10 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 11 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 12 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 13 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 14 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 15 Hotel in Reno
- 16 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 17 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 18 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 19 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 20 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 21 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 22 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 23 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 24 Plan a trip for me! 3 kids 5 and under, SW airlines out of MKE
- 25 roadtrip sfo - seattle