My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 2 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 3 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 4 Rapiture Muscle Builder - Your Muscle Will Be Grow Faster
- 5 Novel in Progress
- 6 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 7 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 8 Take on any terrain with the most powerful side-by-side vehicles.
- 9 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 10 Capital Loan Associates - Heidi Lawler
- 11 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 14 Short Notice
- 15 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 16 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 17 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 18 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 19 Inn at Key West
- 20 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 21 Black History Museum
- 22 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 23 Another Great DC Trip
- 24 Chicago 2017
- 25 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!