My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Franconia Notch hike - trail advice please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California self drive trip
- 2 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 3 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 4 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 5 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 6 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 7 Boston/Fenway park
- 8 Timeshare Nightmares
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 10 day trip to California
- 12 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 14 Drive along the Columbia River
- 15 Wine Country Picnic
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 18 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 19 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 20 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 21 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~