My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Franconia Notch hike - trail advice please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 4 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 5 Visiting Denver
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 9 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 10 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 11 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 12 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 13 Denver in a half day
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 17 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 18 Oahu ideas
- 19 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 20 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 West Coast Bound End of March
- 23 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 24 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 25 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC