My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Train from east cost to west coast
- 2 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 3 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 4 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 5 Arches or Zion?
- 6 Route 66
- 7 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 8 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 9 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 10 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 13 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 14 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 15 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 16 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 17 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 18 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 19 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 20 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
- 21 Northern California Gardens.
- 22 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 23 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 24 Trip Report Part 1 - Carmel/Monterey, Yosemite and Sequoia (w/teens)
- 25 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley