My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 4 Miami
- 5 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Driving Alaska
- 8 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 11 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 12 March in New Mexico
- 13 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 14 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 15 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 16 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?