My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 2 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 3 Sonoma
- 4 Northwest Passage
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 7 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 8 Alaska cruise
- 9 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 10 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 11 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 12 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 101 closure
- 15 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 16 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 17 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 20 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 21 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 22 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 23 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 24 New Orleans
- 25 Kentucky Derby Shuttle