My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Franconia Notch hike - trail advice please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 2 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 5 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 8 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 9 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 10 Tipping advice
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 13 charleston during Christmas Week
- 14 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?