My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 2 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 3 Hawaii - where?
- 4 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 5 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 6 BBQ
- 7 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 8 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
- 9 Anaheim - no car
- 10 First time to Alaska
- 11 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 12 Pacific Northwest
- 13 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 14 Things to do in NYC
- 15 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 24 days out west
- 18 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 19 Hawaii Cruise
- 20 New York best app
- 21 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 22 New Orleans Streetcars
- 23 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 24 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 25 Shenandoah National park