My husband and I are heading to New Hampshire in August and plan on doing a long day hike at Franconia Notch State Park. We want to do a route that includes the Falling Waters trail and the ridge line that it leads up to. If anyone knows the trails well, could you give advice on which hike you recommend:
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail south to Liberty Spring Trail and take that down
- Falling Waters Trail up to Little Haystack, follow Franconia Ridge Trail north to Mouth Lafayette, and then down Old Bridle Path
I know these hikes are both long and intensive and we're capable and prepared. Any advice from anyone that knows either of these routes would be appreciated!
Franconia Notch hike - trail advice please!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 3 Houston in September
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 6 Great Girls' Weekend in NYC!
- 7 Road Trip
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Best Sonoma Wineries for Group Visit
- 10 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 11 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 12 Whale watching
- 13 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 14 palm desert, CA
- 15 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 16 New York Trip
- 17 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 19 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 20 Traffic north on Hwy. 1 in Maine Sat. 9/20 midday
- 21 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 24 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 25 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada