I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 2 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 3 Las Vegas trip report
- 4 Oregon Coast road trip
- 5 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 6 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 7 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 8 Miami for 2 days
- 9 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 10 How much cash do you travel with?
- 11 Food Festival Tour
- 12 Boston area hotels
- 13 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 14 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 15 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 16 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 17 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 18 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 19 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 20 seattle apartment
- 21 Universal Studios vacation
- 22 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 23 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 24 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 25 Rules of the NY Subway