I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 2 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 3 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 4 Austin TX restaurants
- 5 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 6 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 7 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 8 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 9 hotel in NYC
- 10 Hotel in Austin
- 11 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 12 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 13 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 14 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 15 5 Days near Denver
- 16 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 17 Sonoma alley in May
- 18 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 19 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 20 Lake Champlain, VT
- 21 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 22 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 23 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 24 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 25 Beef on Weck in WNY