I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California RV baby and child seats
- 2 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 3 NY State Assembly Internship
- 4 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 7 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 8 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 9 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 10 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 11 Arlington funeral plans
- 12 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 13 White Christmas
- 14 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 15 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 16 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 17 Grand Canyon
- 18 San Francisco and Napa
- 19 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 20 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 21 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 22 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 23 Midway point
- 24 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 25 New York City