I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 2 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 3 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 4 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 5 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 6 http://www.replennagereviews.com/tvolve-facts/
- 7 Yellowstone
- 8 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 9 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 10 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 11 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 12 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 13 San Antonio shopping
- 14 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 15 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 16 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 17 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 18 First Trip to New Mexico
- 19 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 20 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 21 Which island for R&R?
- 22 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 23 blue ridge parkway?
- 24 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 25 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter