I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 2 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 3 AirBnB..Seattle..would you advise this for your Grandmother?
- 4 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 5 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 6 Itinerary Critique
- 7 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 8 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 9 NYC Trip report
- 10 A week in NYC - first timers
- 11 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 12 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 13 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 14 Canon beach lodging
- 15 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 16 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 17 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 18 FLA testing the waters
- 19 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 20 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 21 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 22 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 23 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 24 Boston restaurants
- 25 Tucson in February