I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Four-Day Scouting Trip in the Seattle Area - Need Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 2 Circle Oahu / luau
- 3 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 6 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 7 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 8 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 9 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 10 Backpacking in April
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 replica designer handbags
- 14 First family ski trip
- 15 San Diego parks and attractions
- 16 Cape Cod in early April
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 19 united and carry-ons
- 20 Portland Maine Hotels
- 21 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 22 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 23 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 24 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 25 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York