I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Four-Day Scouting Trip in the Seattle Area - Need Advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 2 Oahu ideas
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 5 San Diego grocery stores
- 6 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 11 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 12 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 13 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 14 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 15 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 16 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 17 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 20 Best places to move to Florida?
- 21 Juneau May 8th
- 22 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 23 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014