I recently accepted a job offer in Bellevue and will soon be moving to the Seattle area (from Raleigh, NC). I'll soon be embarking on a four day scouting trip to explore the area and figure out where I might want to settle in the long-term. I'd appreciate any advice from the community about the best neighborhoods to explore and get a feel for, based on the following:
1) I'm looking to eventually settle in a neighborhood with a vibrant city feel... so thinking somewhere in downtown Seattle.
2) Neighborhood/area with a decent selection of condos and/or apartments.
3) Walkable access to bars, restaurants, and other entertainment venues. I'm a regular guy who prefers dive bars and burgers over martinis and tapas.
4) Plenty of people in their late 20s-late 30s.
5) Maybe not the most elite part of town- but an area that's considered fairly safe.
Thanks in advance!
Four-Day Scouting Trip in the Seattle Area - Need Advice
- 1 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 2 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 3 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 4 Rockport, MA dining?
- 5 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 9 Princeville in January
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 14 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 15 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 18 RIP Judy Rogers
- 19 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 20 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 21 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 22 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 23 hotel near Met NYC
- 24 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 25 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area