Was planning on a stop in Branson on our return to Florida from Alaska, California, etc. in early October, but have discovered that there is a big arts and crafts show that weekend and the first five or six hotels we called are all booked. We weren't overly excited about Branson anyway, and now are even less so as we don't want to get caught up in this arts and crafts crowd. So tell me about Eureka Springs? We need to kill two days before meeting a friend in the Ozarks (Hector, if you know where that is) and afterwards thought we'd stop for a night or two in Hot Springs. We will be coming from Kansas City. I received a publicity package from Eureka Springs and it looks like a sort of Pocono's cheap honeymoon palace area mixed with Dollywood. Am I wrong? Is there a place to stay that is neat, near to good restaurants, or to the canoe trips on the river? Any helpful hints welcome.
Forget Branson, how about Eureka Springs?
View all United States activity »
- 1 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 4 Madison Square Garden
- 5 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 6 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 7 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 8 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 9 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 10 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 11 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 12 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 13 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 14 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 15 Warm and don't Drive
- 16 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 17 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 18 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 19 Biloxi questions again
- 20 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 21 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 24 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 25 San Antonio