I wonder if anyone can help me figure this out. In September we will be moving to Vancouver (from the UK) for a year with my husbands study abroad program from his University. We will be given student visas to allow us to reside in Canada for a year.
However, the flights to Seattle are way cheaper than Vancouver so we would like to fly to Seattle and then drive/train it up to Vancouver.
My question is do you think we would be able to land at a US airport with our Canadian Visas? Obviously we would get one of those ESTA visas which say you can be in America for up to 90 days (we would only be staying in seattle one day and then travelling up to Canada) but because our return ticket would be for the following year do you think this would cause a problem with the border authorities at Seattle airport?
I've tried googling this, but haven't found much info so any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 2 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 5 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 6 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 7 Help us choose a hotel
- 8 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 9 Staying outside DC
- 10 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 11 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 12 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 13 Ideas for New York
- 14 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 15 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 16 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 17 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 18 Three relaxing weeks in Palm Springs
- 19 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 20 Where to stay in maui Kihei vs Paia vs Wailea vs Lahaina, Kaanapali
- 21 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 22 New York in December
- 23 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 24 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 25 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February