I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Boost Up Your Skin Texture With luna-gold-serum
- 3 Blue fortera
- 4 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 5 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 6 Christmas in Colorado
- 7 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 8 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 9 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 10 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 11 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 12 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 13 JFK to Washington
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 16 San Francisco/wildfire worries
- 17 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 18 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 19 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 20 How much time in Badlands?
- 21 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 22 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 23 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 24 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 25 Las Vegas Trip Report - Royal Flusher's Lost Weekend