I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Florida Keys--Your Fav and why!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 9 Dining in D.C.
- 10 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 11 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 15 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 16 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 17 Colorado in the summer!
- 18 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 21 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 22 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 25 Kennedy Space Center