I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Florida Keys--Your Fav and why!
- 1 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 2 Logan Express
- 3 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 4 One day in NYC
- 5 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 6 Hotels in New Orleans
- 7 Great Beach's
- 8 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 9 Updates from Hanalei
- 10 National Parks?
- 11 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 12 Death Valley in November
- 13 Columbus food !
- 14 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 15 Blue ridge parkway
- 16 Minnesota State Fair
- 17 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 18 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 19 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 20 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 21 Fires in Colorado
- 22 Seattle in July
- 23 1st trip to Los Angeles
- 24 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 25 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013