I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://megacleanseradvice.com/andronite-enhanced/
- 2 http://testosteroneboosterbits.com/revolyn-ultra-de/
- 3 Route Planning for East USA
- 4 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 5 Roller Coaster
- 6 http://www.topwellnesspro.com/diabazole/
- 7 http://menintalk.com/andronite-enhanced/
- 8 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 9 Utah National Parks visit
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 12 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 13 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 14 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 15 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 16 universal studios and disney
- 17 Honeymoon out west.
- 18 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 19 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 20 Chicago to Charleston
- 21 How many states have you been to?
- 22 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 23 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 24 USA, Trip to the south
- 25 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)