I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Texas to New York Flight/Hotel Tips
- 3 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 4 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 5 Cashless Toll roads.
- 6 Zion - Angel's Landing Trail Closed
- 7 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 8 Summer 2016 with three Children
- 9 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 10 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 11 Florida Keys with my retriever
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 Help with driving East to West
- 15 taking home sand
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Charleston, South Carolina
- 17 Where to take big family on the beach?
- 18 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 19 Broken Arrow
- 20 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 21 Champaigne, Illinois
- 22 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 23 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 24 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 25 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)