I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Power Boost XL Review Free Trial
- 2 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 3 wyoming, south dakota trip
- 4 Providence RI Waterfire
- 5 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 6 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 7 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 8 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 9 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 11 New England Foliage Peeping Trip - Oct 4 to 8th
- 12 (Healing?) Retreat in Sedona, Az?
- 13 Orlando Baggage Storage
- 14 how much time to visit pedestal at Statue of Liberty
- 15 Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park - Hawaii
- 16 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 19 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 20 Richmond Virginia And Poe
- 21 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City
- 22 time to visit statue
- 23 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 25 Chester, CN