I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Florida Keys--Your Fav and why!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 4 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 5 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 6 Yosemite in Winter
- 7 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 8 Active Vacation
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 11 Orlando in March
- 12 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 13 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 14 Quick SoCal question
- 15 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 16 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 17 New England September
- 18 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 19 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 Tampa in February
- 22 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 23 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 24 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 25 NYC taxi vs car service