I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui - luau question
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 4 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 5 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 6 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 7 Colorado Itinerary
- 8 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 9 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 10 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 11 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 12 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 13 US Trip
- 14 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 15 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 16 Philly Itinerary Help
- 17 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 18 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 19 Bryce and Zion planning
- 20 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 21 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 22 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 23 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 24 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 25 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days