I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 2 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 3 10 days vacation in Maine
- 4 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 5 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 6 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 7 vashikaran +919878377317 love problem solution tantrik baba
- 8 Southern history- walkable cities
- 9 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 10 san fransisco to crater lake
- 11 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 12 Family reunion ideas
- 13 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 14 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 15 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 16 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 17 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 18 New Software
- 19 JFK-connection
- 20 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 21 Five nights in Yellowstone: Where to stay?
- 22 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 23 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 24 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 25 Florida itinerary- your thought please