I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 Trip to northern California
- 3 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 4 5 days in Colorado
- 5 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 6 Washington DC with kids
- 7 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 8 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 9 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 10 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 11 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 12 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 13 Safety Concerns
- 14 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 15 Sedona for a Month
- 16 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 17 Alaska -public transport
- 18 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 19 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 20 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Southwest road trip
- 23 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 24 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 25 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter