I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weather in Chicago
- 2 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 3 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 4 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 5 Road trip around Washington DC
- 6 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 7 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 8 Help me with this
- 9 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 10 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Utah trip Itinerary
- 13 Houston MetroRail
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 Houston: see in the eveing???
- 16 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 17 Dining in St. Louis
- 18 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 19 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 20 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 21 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 22 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 23 New Orleans
- 24 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 25 Oregon road trip