I would like to rent a cottage/house for Feb or March in the Florida Keys if not too late. Maybe 3-4 weeks. Time and length of trip flexible. But if it is too late this year, maybe I can xfer this info to next year. My husband may go and stay a while, and then I'll have friends (1 or 2 at a time) coming and going. In a perfect world, that is.
1. I like to kayak, bike, and do some hiking and I can lay on the beach with the best of them. I am a snorkel snob, (all over the Carib and Central America) so I will go to Pennekamp SP but am not going on this trip for that reason. I am cold and would like to be warm-ish, to have a nice-ish beach and pretty water. I am familiar with the Keys a little--spent a week camping in a trailer on Big Pine Key (nice!) and I then went all the way to Key West for a day, so no need to do that again--unless you insist otherwise!
2. I don't require night life. I don't like loud drunken people. It's nice to have a nearby restaurant and I would like a place to get fresh seafood and to be able to cook most meals, so a supermarket would be nice. A small town vibe with funky coffee shops, books stores, etc is fun to me.
I'm more of a nature girl than night-life girl, so any advice would be appreciated. Flying in From Richmond, VA I guess to MIA. So maybe upper keys?
I have a budget of $3000 for the month. More or less. NO KIDS NO PETS--fancy free! I would truly like a real cottage/house vs a condo, and I'd like a couple of bedrooms and at least 1.5 baths, but all is negotiable for the opportunity TO BE WARM-ish!
I really would be more interested in a pretty place (ie nature wise walking right out to even a teeny beach and pretty water and trees) versus amenties like golf, spa etc. Thanks and I hope I've provided enuf info for input.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://yoursantiagingserum.com/garcinia-super-slim-100-reviews/
- 2 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/white-light-smile/
- 3 http://www.onlinehealthadvise.com/max-gain-xtreme/
- 4 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 5 Babymoon: NJ to Asheville, NC
- 6 Your favourite places in New York City
- 7 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 8 Royal Kahana Maui
- 9 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 10 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 11 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 12 Trip Starting from New York
- 13 Mystic CT
- 14 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 15 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 16 Keep checking those car rental rates
- 17 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 18 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 19 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 20 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 21 September Travel
- 22 Parking in Boston
- 23 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 24 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 25 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth