We're traveling to Florida for two weeks the first half of February and looking for ideas. For the first few days, we're staying with our friends who live on Siesta Key; after that we need an itinerary. We're active empty nesters (son in college) who love great food, nature, beaches, and historical/lcultural sites. We're traveling from Seattle, so trying to get better weather for a couple of weeks, of course. We would likely fly in and out of Orlando. Our Siesta Key friends are not very enthusiastic about the Keys, but we're still wondering about driving down there and have heard good things about Naples, Sanibel, etc. If you had 8 to 10 days to "do" South Florida with the above interests, how would you spend it? We have a healthy budget, but we're not that into large resort chains, so recommendations for smaller inns and resorts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Florida in February must dos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 2 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 3 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 4 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 9 Quick Trip to NYC
- 10 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 11 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 12 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 13 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 14 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 15 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Road trip itinerary
- 18 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 19 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 20 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 21 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 22 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 25 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks