We're traveling to Florida for two weeks the first half of February and looking for ideas. For the first few days, we're staying with our friends who live on Siesta Key; after that we need an itinerary. We're active empty nesters (son in college) who love great food, nature, beaches, and historical/lcultural sites. We're traveling from Seattle, so trying to get better weather for a couple of weeks, of course. We would likely fly in and out of Orlando. Our Siesta Key friends are not very enthusiastic about the Keys, but we're still wondering about driving down there and have heard good things about Naples, Sanibel, etc. If you had 8 to 10 days to "do" South Florida with the above interests, how would you spend it? We have a healthy budget, but we're not that into large resort chains, so recommendations for smaller inns and resorts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Florida in February must dos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 2 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 5 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 6 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 7 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 8 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 9 How to dress in Vegas
- 10 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 11 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 12 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work