We're traveling to Florida for two weeks the first half of February and looking for ideas. For the first few days, we're staying with our friends who live on Siesta Key; after that we need an itinerary. We're active empty nesters (son in college) who love great food, nature, beaches, and historical/lcultural sites. We're traveling from Seattle, so trying to get better weather for a couple of weeks, of course. We would likely fly in and out of Orlando. Our Siesta Key friends are not very enthusiastic about the Keys, but we're still wondering about driving down there and have heard good things about Naples, Sanibel, etc. If you had 8 to 10 days to "do" South Florida with the above interests, how would you spend it? We have a healthy budget, but we're not that into large resort chains, so recommendations for smaller inns and resorts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Florida in February must dos
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 3 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 4 Oahu Information
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 One day in Washington DC
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 9 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 16 San Antonio
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 Key West on NYE
- 19 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 20 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 21 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 22 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 23 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 24 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 25 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?