We're traveling to Florida for two weeks the first half of February and looking for ideas. For the first few days, we're staying with our friends who live on Siesta Key; after that we need an itinerary. We're active empty nesters (son in college) who love great food, nature, beaches, and historical/lcultural sites. We're traveling from Seattle, so trying to get better weather for a couple of weeks, of course. We would likely fly in and out of Orlando. Our Siesta Key friends are not very enthusiastic about the Keys, but we're still wondering about driving down there and have heard good things about Naples, Sanibel, etc. If you had 8 to 10 days to "do" South Florida with the above interests, how would you spend it? We have a healthy budget, but we're not that into large resort chains, so recommendations for smaller inns and resorts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Florida in February must dos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 marco v treasure island
- 2 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 3 naples restuarant for anniversary
- 4 A month i USA - where to go and for how long?
- 5 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 9 Mokulele Airlines Voucher
- 10 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 11 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 12 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 13 Denver Itinerary - 3 nights, 4 days
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 16 Backpacking in April
- 17 San Francisco this sunday - photo ops, places to go by car?
- 18 One day in Key West,should I take the plane to Dry Tortugas?
- 19 carousel bar nola
- 20 Philadelphia Mommy-Daughter (4-year old) Trip
- 21 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 22 After New Orleans, now where? ideas for 4 days to spare after N.O.?
- 23 Vegas-Show Recommendations
- 24 Big Sur?
- 25 NYC Theatre Seating Opinions: Waiting for Godot