I have read a lot of very useful advice from different topics but none matches me exactly and just wondered if anyone can help please.
We are travelling to Florida 18th July for two weeks (I know it's peak season and school holidays but there are many different reasons I won't bore you with that mean this is the only time we can go). We have four children ages 16, 15, 11 and 8 so all wanting different things. I like the beach and shopping, my husband likes not spending more than we need to, the kids like theme parks and seeing all over. We have 8 days planned in Orlando (theme parks and the swimming with dolphins!)
We would like to see a bit more of Florida as we don't know when we will be able to get back (the last time was 1999). We are thinking of spending a two or three days in Miami or possibly one/two in Miami and one in Key West and then a couple in either Naples/Sarasota or Clearwater.
Is it worth the drive to Key West for a day? or should we stick to two days in Miami?
Should we bother going south as a lot of driving?
Should we just go to Clearwater to have a few days on the beach?
We don't mind driving. I was thinking of driving either very early morning or late evening so not too hot and then can make the most of the rest of the day. If we do go south then we would take the turnpike and then after the Miami stop we would go on/through Alligator Alley.
I've looked at hotels on different sites so I don't mind sourcing those but any tips of where to avoid or good deals is great.
Any suggestions of itineraries for two weeks with 8 days in Orlando and four kids would be very much welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 2 florida gulf coast
- 3 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 4 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 5 Week motorcycle ride
- 6 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 7 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 8 Broadway
- 9 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 10 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 11 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 12 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 13 L.A. and Sequoia
- 14 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 15 Maine weather and temps
- 16 Not enough time, i guess..
- 17 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 18 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 19 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 20 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 21 Traveling across the US
- 22 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 23 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 24 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 25 less than 1.5 hours international connection at DFW too risky?