I have read a lot of very useful advice from different topics but none matches me exactly and just wondered if anyone can help please.
We are travelling to Florida 18th July for two weeks (I know it's peak season and school holidays but there are many different reasons I won't bore you with that mean this is the only time we can go). We have four children ages 16, 15, 11 and 8 so all wanting different things. I like the beach and shopping, my husband likes not spending more than we need to, the kids like theme parks and seeing all over. We have 8 days planned in Orlando (theme parks and the swimming with dolphins!)
We would like to see a bit more of Florida as we don't know when we will be able to get back (the last time was 1999). We are thinking of spending a two or three days in Miami or possibly one/two in Miami and one in Key West and then a couple in either Naples/Sarasota or Clearwater.
Is it worth the drive to Key West for a day? or should we stick to two days in Miami?
Should we bother going south as a lot of driving?
Should we just go to Clearwater to have a few days on the beach?
We don't mind driving. I was thinking of driving either very early morning or late evening so not too hot and then can make the most of the rest of the day. If we do go south then we would take the turnpike and then after the Miami stop we would go on/through Alligator Alley.
I've looked at hotels on different sites so I don't mind sourcing those but any tips of where to avoid or good deals is great.
Any suggestions of itineraries for two weeks with 8 days in Orlando and four kids would be very much welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 4 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 5 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 6 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 7 Mystic CT
- 8 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 9 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 10 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 11 Orlando - condoleances
- 12 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 13 1st trip to Colorado
- 14 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 15 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 16 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 17 Napa Valley Hotel
- 18 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 19 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 20 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 21 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 22 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 23 road trip during husbands bday
- 24 Trip Starting from New York
- 25 A day in Boston