I have read a lot of very useful advice from different topics but none matches me exactly and just wondered if anyone can help please.
We are travelling to Florida 18th July for two weeks (I know it's peak season and school holidays but there are many different reasons I won't bore you with that mean this is the only time we can go). We have four children ages 16, 15, 11 and 8 so all wanting different things. I like the beach and shopping, my husband likes not spending more than we need to, the kids like theme parks and seeing all over. We have 8 days planned in Orlando (theme parks and the swimming with dolphins!)
We would like to see a bit more of Florida as we don't know when we will be able to get back (the last time was 1999). We are thinking of spending a two or three days in Miami or possibly one/two in Miami and one in Key West and then a couple in either Naples/Sarasota or Clearwater.
Is it worth the drive to Key West for a day? or should we stick to two days in Miami?
Should we bother going south as a lot of driving?
Should we just go to Clearwater to have a few days on the beach?
We don't mind driving. I was thinking of driving either very early morning or late evening so not too hot and then can make the most of the rest of the day. If we do go south then we would take the turnpike and then after the Miami stop we would go on/through Alligator Alley.
I've looked at hotels on different sites so I don't mind sourcing those but any tips of where to avoid or good deals is great.
Any suggestions of itineraries for two weeks with 8 days in Orlando and four kids would be very much welcomed.
Florida for two weeks with children aged 8-16. Itinerary.
- 1 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 2 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 3 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 4 San Francisco,Monterey, Yosemite etc.!
- 5 Restaurant Recommendations in Salt Lake City Area
- 6 Newport, RI Questions
- 7 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 8 Help me make a scentific research about American sheriffs
- 9 Around North America (cruise)
- 10 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 11 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 12 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 13 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 14 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 15 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?
- 16 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 17 Ackislander or others- restaurants in Nantucket in 2013
- 18 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 19 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 20 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 21 Boston and surrounding area
- 22 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 23 Rafting Snake River early June?
- 24 Staying at the Andaz in West Hollywood with kids.
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times