I have read a lot of very useful advice from different topics but none matches me exactly and just wondered if anyone can help please.
We are travelling to Florida 18th July for two weeks (I know it's peak season and school holidays but there are many different reasons I won't bore you with that mean this is the only time we can go). We have four children ages 16, 15, 11 and 8 so all wanting different things. I like the beach and shopping, my husband likes not spending more than we need to, the kids like theme parks and seeing all over. We have 8 days planned in Orlando (theme parks and the swimming with dolphins!)
We would like to see a bit more of Florida as we don't know when we will be able to get back (the last time was 1999). We are thinking of spending a two or three days in Miami or possibly one/two in Miami and one in Key West and then a couple in either Naples/Sarasota or Clearwater.
Is it worth the drive to Key West for a day? or should we stick to two days in Miami?
Should we bother going south as a lot of driving?
Should we just go to Clearwater to have a few days on the beach?
We don't mind driving. I was thinking of driving either very early morning or late evening so not too hot and then can make the most of the rest of the day. If we do go south then we would take the turnpike and then after the Miami stop we would go on/through Alligator Alley.
I've looked at hotels on different sites so I don't mind sourcing those but any tips of where to avoid or good deals is great.
Any suggestions of itineraries for two weeks with 8 days in Orlando and four kids would be very much welcomed.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving CA 395
- 2 Maui and Kauai
- 3 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 4 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 5 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 8 Glacier National Park 2018
- 9 Hawaii wedding
- 10 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 11 Adirondacks trip repot
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 17 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 18 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 19 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 20 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 21 Downtown Denver hotel
- 22 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 23 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 24 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 25 San Diego VRBO area