Have spent Christmas and New Year in Florida for the last seven years as part of a couple (coming from Ireland). This year I am traveling alone. I don't want to rent a car so want to source accommodation reasonably near an airport, but it must also be near/on the beach. I'm working on a modest budget and would ideally like advice/recommendations on a motel with self-catering facilities, whilst also near the beach and within a short/reasonable distance to nice restaurants. An important factor would be that the motel would maybe have a bar/restaurant or that these facilities would be available nearby. (I want to spend 14 days there and would like to know I would be able to speak to/mingle with other holidaymakers whilst still feeling safe - don't want to be a hermit for two weeks!!!)
Florida for Christmas and New Year for solo traveler.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC theatre broadway
- 2 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 3 San Diego/Los Angeles Trip with Teens
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Fredericksburg to see the wildflowers and to sample the wine
- 6 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 9 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 10 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 11 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 14 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 15 Four days in DC
- 16 need cheap motel, kahului, one night, car rental
- 17 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 18 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 19 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 20 UBER in NYC?
- 21 Best Fried Chicken in Charleston
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 One Night at Logan Airport
- 24 Staying in Oakland while visiting San Fran?
- 25 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)