Have spent Christmas and New Year in Florida for the last seven years as part of a couple (coming from Ireland). This year I am traveling alone. I don't want to rent a car so want to source accommodation reasonably near an airport, but it must also be near/on the beach. I'm working on a modest budget and would ideally like advice/recommendations on a motel with self-catering facilities, whilst also near the beach and within a short/reasonable distance to nice restaurants. An important factor would be that the motel would maybe have a bar/restaurant or that these facilities would be available nearby. (I want to spend 14 days there and would like to know I would be able to speak to/mingle with other holidaymakers whilst still feeling safe - don't want to be a hermit for two weeks!!!)
Florida for Christmas and New Year for solo traveler.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The 45th and 46th State - Maine and Vermont!
- 2 SIXT car rental is a NIGHTMARE
- 3 Have you been anywhere amazing between Sacramento and Reno?
- 4 Boston to New York
- 5 Best Cruise to Consider?
- 6 Road trip to Maine for foodies
- 7 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Zion in late May/early June
- 10 Zion in late May/early June TRIP REPORT
- 11 Universal Studios, Orlando - Harry Potter!
- 12 Looking for a mountain lake vacation
- 13 "What Not to Miss" driving Houston-Austin-San Antonio for 5 day visit
- 14 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 15 Miami/Bimini versus Austin Christmas/New Years period no car
- 16 Badlands / Black Hills Trip Report (Warning: Long)
- 17 Dollar car rental at Miami airport
- 18 Newport or Laguna Beach, CA, hotel before a morning meeting in Irvine?
- 19 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 20 Traveling from Orlando to Gatlinburg/ Sevierville with a 3yr old
- 21 Restaurants
- 22 Hwy 1 Road Trip
- 23 Re-Visit DC
- 24 Kauai car rental puzzle
- 25 VRBO Problem - Owner Living in House