Have spent Christmas and New Year in Florida for the last seven years as part of a couple (coming from Ireland). This year I am traveling alone. I don't want to rent a car so want to source accommodation reasonably near an airport, but it must also be near/on the beach. I'm working on a modest budget and would ideally like advice/recommendations on a motel with self-catering facilities, whilst also near the beach and within a short/reasonable distance to nice restaurants. An important factor would be that the motel would maybe have a bar/restaurant or that these facilities would be available nearby. (I want to spend 14 days there and would like to know I would be able to speak to/mingle with other holidaymakers whilst still feeling safe - don't want to be a hermit for two weeks!!!)
Florida for Christmas and New Year for solo traveler.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 5 Florida St George's Island
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 17 New York Food Tours
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 23 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 24 Looking for Next Destination
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown