Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 2 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 3 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 4 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 5 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 6 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 7 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 8 Houston in September
- 9 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 10 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 11 late-night DC restaurant
- 12 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 13 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 14 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 15 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 16 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 24 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 25 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!