Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 3 New England Canada Road Trip
- 4 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 5 A day in Boston
- 6 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 7 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 8 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 9 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 10 Trip Starting from New York
- 11 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 12 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 13 Newport , RI
- 14 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 15 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 16 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 17 Nilichik Ak.
- 18 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 19 Las vegas +21
- 20 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 21 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 22 Steamboat in August
- 23 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 24 Depot Bay OR
- 25 South beach Miami to Key west driving map