Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii wedding
- 2 Driving CA 395
- 3 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 4 Adirondacks trip repot
- 5 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 6 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 7 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 10 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 11 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 12 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 13 New England Tour
- 14 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 15 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 16 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 17 Downtown Denver hotel
- 18 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 19 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 20 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 21 San Diego VRBO area
- 22 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 23 Glacier National Park 2018
- 24 Muir Woods in October
- 25 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?