Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 2 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 3 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 4 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 5 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 6 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 7 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 8 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 9 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 12 Tipping advice
- 13 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 14 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 15 charleston during Christmas Week
- 16 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 17 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 20 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 21 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 22 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 23 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 24 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 25 Seattle hotel recommendation needed