Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 2 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 6 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 7 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 11 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 12 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 19 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 20 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 21 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 22 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 23 Dining in D.C.
- 24 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 25 Metro from airport to hotel?