Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 North Carolinas Best City for Singles in thier early 30s
- 2 Death Valley
- 3 Grand Canyon to LA
- 4 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
- 5 Driving Cedar City to San Francisco
- 6 Scenic drive from Newport, RI to the Berkshires
- 7 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 8 Boston hotels
- 9 Help!! Need a Good NYC car service Please
- 10 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 11 Road trip Washington NY Boston
- 12 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 13 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 16 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 17 My CA itinerary
- 18 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 19 Retiring to Colorado
- 20 Charleston and Asheville
- 21 4 days in Colorado in December with kids
- 22 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 23 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 24 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 25 5 day Colorado itinerary- anniversary trip