Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 2 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 3 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 4 Cape Cod trip report
- 5 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 6 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 9 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 10 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 11 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 12 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 13 moving to florida
- 14 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 15 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 16 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 17 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 18 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 19 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 20 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 21 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 22 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 23 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 24 Seafood
- 25 2 weeks in Alaska