Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 2 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 3 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 4 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 5 Utah restaurants
- 6 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 7 Kauai Garden tours
- 8 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 9 Small group dining in Napa area
- 10 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 11 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 12 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 13 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 14 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 15 Montana- what are must see places?
- 16 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 17 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 18 Los Angeles day trips
- 19 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 20 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 21 Rental Services
- 22 Safety in New Orleans
- 23 Road to Hana
- 24 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 25 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014