Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado aspen updates
- 2 5 Day Trip to New York in October
- 3 Oregon Road Trip
- 4 Ideas needed for October Road trip
- 5 Signal Mountain Lodge, Gardiner and Bozeman
- 6 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 7 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 8 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 9 Worst Restaurants in America
- 10 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 Newport Restaurants
- 13 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 14 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 15 Door County or New Glarus, Wis visit 4th weekend in Oct 2014?
- 16 Low Country Honor Flight to Washington DC
- 17 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 18 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 19 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 20 Question About Sealodge
- 21 Broadway choices
- 22 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 23 Fairbanks Alaska
- 24 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 25 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park