Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 4 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Green Flea in NYC
- 11 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 Orlando in March
- 14 New England September
- 15 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 18 Cross Country RV Trip
- 19 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 24 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 25 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?