Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 2 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 3 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 6 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 7 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 8 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 9 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 10 40th in Key West
- 11 What to do in New York?
- 12 When do school start again in August?
- 13 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 Disney for Florida residents
- 16 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 17 Our Boston Getaway
- 18 Yosemite
- 19 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 20 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 21 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 22 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 23 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 24 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 25 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?