Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC with wheelchair
- 2 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 3 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 4 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 5 Biloxi Suggestions
- 6 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 7 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 8 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 9 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 10 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 11 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 12 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 13 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 14 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 15 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 16 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 17 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 18 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 19 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 20 New Orleans music
- 21 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 22 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 23 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 24 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 25 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)