Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 2 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Arlington funeral plans
- 7 NY State Assembly Internship
- 8 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 9 White Christmas
- 10 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 11 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 12 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 13 Grand Canyon
- 14 San Francisco and Napa
- 15 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 16 Killington Ski Hotel??
- 17 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 18 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 19 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 20 Midway point
- 21 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 22 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 23 New York City
- 24 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 25 Relocating to the Deep South