Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 2 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 3 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 4 First Trip to New Mexico
- 5 costco Big island
- 6 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 7 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 8 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 9 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 10 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 11 Wedding gifts?
- 12 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 13 Seattle?
- 14 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 15 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 16 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 17 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 18 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 19 November redwoods trip
- 20 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 21 Layover
- 22 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 23 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 24 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 25 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.