Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 2 Broadway this week
- 3 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 4 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 5 Booked our NYC hotel (thanks!), would like restaurant recommendations!
- 6 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 7 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 8 New York, New York...
- 9 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 10 Shuttle Service from Newark
- 11 trains in Europe
- 12 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 13 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 14 USA trip
- 15 Need condo suggestions in Destin
- 16 Road to Hana and continuing on backside of Island
- 17 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 18 Cedar Point / Put In Bay
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Washington DC in Spring?
- 21 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 22 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 23 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 24 NBA tickets??
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa