Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans
- 2 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 3 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 4 A trip from Pensacola to Miami
- 5 New York City - apartment locations
- 6 12-hour layover in Honolulu: What to do?
- 7 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 8 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 9 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 10 Help on choosing outdoorsy town to move to after college
- 11 Coffee shop or dinner recommendations for Fullerton/Anaheim area?
- 12 Florida Everglades
- 13 Everything I Need to Know (re Taking Mama to Manhattan) I Learned on Fodors
- 14 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 15 Southern states in March/April 2016
- 16 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 17 Pizza Paradise In Pasadena
- 18 Las Vegas, GC, Page, Bryce, Zion - August with teens - advice welcome
- 19 Sacramento: 2 days, best use of that time?
- 20 West Coast US trip from Sep to Oct 15 for 30days
- 21 NYC hotel/July
- 22 6 days to drive from Seattle wa to oceanside ca
- 23 May 20th - Ritz Orlando Grande Lakes Charity Golf $150
- 24 Planning to see chicago with a big family
- 25 Would a Annual Park pass be worth it?