Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Florida - camping (tent)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 2 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 3 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 4 Barrow Alaska
- 5 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 8 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 9 Park City Utah
- 10 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 21 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 22 Alaska- Best tours
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 24 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 25 First visit in New Mexico