Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 2 Parking fine
- 3 Berkshires with a toddler
- 4 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 5 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 6 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 7 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 8 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 9 My Maine Trip Report
- 10 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 11 hilicopter tour oahu
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 14 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 15 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 16 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 17 Pittsburgh Trip
- 18 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 19 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 20 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 21 10 days in Arizona
- 22 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 23 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 24 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 25 Vegas/California May 2016