Planning a camping vacation in early March. Family of three: mom, dad and 11 year old daughter. We were thinking of exploring the north east part of Florida either Amelia Island or St-Augustine area. I imagine the best places to camp are in the State Parks. We like long walks on the beach, we like to hike, bicycle rides and discover the local flavor. We were thinking to stay there a few days and then head to the other side of the Gulf of Mexico. We were told to go to Crystal River to see the manatees. We were also told the beaches are also lovely on the Gulf of Mexico side, less crowded, etc. We like to go off the beaten path. Any recommendations for less touristy places of interest. Thanking you in advance for your tips!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 your favorite city USA?
- 2 Two days out of Seattle
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 5 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 6 Help with driving East to West
- 7 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 8 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 9 Pacific coast road trip
- 10 Senior Travel Helper
- 11 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 12 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 13 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 14 South Carolina
- 15 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 16 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 17 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 18 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 19 Austin with Kids
- 20 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 21 Austin Getaway
- 22 Maine
- 23 Driving From Florida to Maryland
- 24 Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 25 Yellowstone in Early October?