I am currently in Hawaii, just finishing a work week and about to start a vacation week, which I am very much looking forward to. I've been stationed in Honolulu, but will be flying to Big Island two days from now. I have received a lot of kind and useful information from people on the forum regarding my trip, a few months ago, but would like to reiterate on those, considering eventual seasonal specificities that I may not have taken into account at the time.
I will arrive at Hilo around lunch time and already have booked lodging and car for the time of my stay, which will be pretty much one afternoon plus one full day and a few hours in the next morning, before going to the airport. I know it's really short but I am trying to do as much as possible. The main reason for this trip is to visit Volcanoes park, but I was trying to see some of the Hilo coast and surroundings. I am not a great hiker, so about Volcanoes, I would like to see the most beautiful vistas and if possible see the flowing lava (if it's running), so would I need a full day for that? I assume that's probably the case, in which case I would like to ask if you would suggest a "streamline" itinerary that could allow me to check some of the highlights around Hilo.
Again, I can't thank everyone enough for your suggestions. This forum has been priceless in helping me plan my trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 YAHOO password recovery CONTACT☎ 1:888:482:3831YAHOO Tec*h Supp0rt
- 2 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 3 Where to live in the North East
- 4 Restaurants - Nashville & Memphis
- 5 Great Smoky Mountains - Chimn Tops Trail
- 6 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 7 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 8 Tucson: milestone Birthday Dinner, winter
- 9 MIDTOWN EAST TO JFK....VIA, UBER, OR YELLOW CAB?
- 10 Restaurant Recommendations
- 11 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 12 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 13 JFK to Washington
- 14 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 15 Houston during hurricane
- 16 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 17 Winter hiking in Colorado
- 18 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 19 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 20 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 21 Maui and Kauai
- 22 Phoenix for the weekend
- 23 Girls Trip to Chicago
- 24 Hotel to stay in Queens
- 25 Christmas in Colorado