We ( wife and I) will be taking a vacation to Colorado in Sept. and visiting the Durango area (this includes visiting Mesa Verde, Silverton, Ouray and Telluride etc.). We are leaving So.Ca and stopping one night in Flagstaff before heading onto Durango and go on through to Moab. Then we'll drive home from Moab and stay in Flagstaff again. I have read through most of the posts on Durango and have taken notes but still need some more information. I am not familiar with the roads or area and wonder if 8 days would be enough to do this ? It is easier to stay in one place while we are in the Durango area? How far are the towns apart? Condo rentals were mention. Better than a regular hotel for about 4 days? We want to visit these areas and be near them instead of packing and unpacking all the time. Also trying to find some place in Moab to stay and how much time should we stay there. This is my first time posting and I hope I got it right. Thanks!
Flagstaff to Durango to Moab information needed.
- 1 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 2 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 3 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 4 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 5 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 6 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 7 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 8 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 9 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 10 D.C. in a day
- 11 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 12 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 13 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 16 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 19 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 20 Using public transit in San Diego
- 21 Memphis Tours
- 22 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 23 A Visit to Charleston
- 24 Cedar Point Wait Times
- 25 time for a new countdown to Hawaii