We are going to Flagstaff AZ after the Grand Canyon to visit the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. My children are 14 and 10 years old. Any suggestions on the itinerary from GC to Flagstaff -- do we see the Petrified Forest or Painted Desert on the drive from GC to Flagstaff, etc. We think we need only one night in Flagstaff as one day is Painted Desert, stayover and next day go to Petrified Forest. We are driving to Las Vegas from here. This will be in August. Also, any ideas on where to stay in Flagstaff and where to eat? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod in early April
- 2 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 3 Backpacking in April
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 replica designer handbags
- 6 Portland Maine Hotels
- 7 San Diego parks and attractions
- 8 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 9 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 12 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 13 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 14 united and carry-ons
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 25 Light hiking around Santa Barbara