We are going to Flagstaff AZ after the Grand Canyon to visit the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert. My children are 14 and 10 years old. Any suggestions on the itinerary from GC to Flagstaff -- do we see the Petrified Forest or Painted Desert on the drive from GC to Flagstaff, etc. We think we need only one night in Flagstaff as one day is Painted Desert, stayover and next day go to Petrified Forest. We are driving to Las Vegas from here. This will be in August. Also, any ideas on where to stay in Flagstaff and where to eat? Thanks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mesa Verde
- 2 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 3 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 4 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 5 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 8 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 11 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 12 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 13 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 14 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 California road trip
- 18 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 19 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 20 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 21 San Diego - wher to stay
- 22 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 25 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida