This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
- 1 Hotel near Public Theater
- 2 San Antonio
- 3 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 8 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 9 Oahu Information
- 10 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 11 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 12 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 13 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 14 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 15 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 16 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 17 Savanah Sojourn
- 18 One day in Washington DC
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 21 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 22 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 23 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 24 RIP Judy Rogers
- 25 Fun restaurants in New Orleans