This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 3 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 4 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 5 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 8 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 11 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 12 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 15 New York City Restaurants
- 16 Dining in D.C.
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 19 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Washington DC Metro
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast