This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Myrtle Beach
- 2 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 3 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 4 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 5 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 6 Colorado in the summer!
- 7 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 11 Washington DC Metro
- 12 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 13 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 16 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Travel West Coast
- 19 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 23 Road trip through the south
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?