This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
- 1 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 2 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 3 Moab Condo Rental Possibilities
- 4 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 5 6 nights go in a blink of an eye! A quick trip to Waikiki
- 6 Disneyworld Stay January 2014
- 7 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 8 Priceline, WARNING
- 9 Less commercial beach?
- 10 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 11 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 12 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 13 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 14 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 15 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 16 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 17 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 18 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 19 stay near newark or nyc
- 20 New York City Parking
- 21 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 22 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 23 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 24 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 25 Washington Wineries