This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 2 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 3 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 4 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 5 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 6 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 7 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 8 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 9 40th in Key West
- 10 What to do in New York?
- 11 When do school start again in August?
- 12 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Disney for Florida residents
- 15 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 16 Our Boston Getaway
- 17 Yosemite
- 18 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 19 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 20 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 21 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 22 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 23 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 24 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 25 What to do in San Diego
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?