This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 2 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 3 flagstaff
- 4 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 5 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 6 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 7 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 8 sugestions
- 9 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 10 Rules of the NY Subway
- 11 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 12 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 13 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 14 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 15 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 16 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 19 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 20 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???
- 21 CT to ABQ-favorite routes?
- 22 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 23 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 24 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 25 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?