This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
- 1 Advice for 2 night intro trip to Moab in early June (1-3)
- 2 Back to the Lovely City!!
- 3 Using public transit in San Diego
- 4 Washington Wineries
- 5 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 6 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 10 day anniversary trip to Oregon Coast
- 9 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 10 Exciting historical sites in upstate NY
- 11 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 12 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 13 Suggestions for NYC trip next week
- 14 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 15 Memphis Tours
- 16 Please critique our plan...
- 17 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 18 Gearhart Oregon
- 19 Seattle to coast to columbia River Gorge
- 20 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 21 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 22 California, Northern
- 23 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 24 Best place to raise a family in Florida
- 25 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California