This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 2 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 3 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 4 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 5 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 6 Mystic CT
- 7 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 10 Orlando - condoleances
- 11 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 12 1st trip to Colorado
- 13 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 14 Your favourite places in New York City
- 15 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 16 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 17 Napa Valley Hotel
- 18 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 19 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 20 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 21 Good cheap eats in/near San Francisco, including coffee
- 22 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 23 road trip during husbands bday
- 24 Trip Starting from New York
- 25 A day in Boston
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?