This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.tryapext.com/osteoren-crema/
- 2 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 3 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 4 October New England Honeymoon??
- 5 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 6 Denver to Yellowstone
- 7 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 8 hotel in NYC
- 9 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 10 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 11 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 12 Briefly, in WNY
- 13 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 14 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 15 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 16 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 17 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 18 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 19 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 20 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 21 Zion National Park
- 22 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 23 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 24 What to do in Asheville
- 25 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?