This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 2 Is Silverwood Amusement park worth a visit?
- 3 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 4 Western US Road Trip- PeakBagging
- 5 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 6 NYC - 10-day visit!!!
- 7 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 8 Driving northern AL to central FL
- 9 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 10 Nashville restaurants
- 11 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 12 MO road trip itinerary
- 13 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 14 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 15 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 16 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 17 Birthday vacation ideas
- 18 San Francisco to Costa Mesa
- 19 Highlights of our return to Kauai
- 20 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 21 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 22 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 23 Where to visit driving through coast of Maine
- 24 Scenic / Walking Day Trip from Las Vegas
- 25 Thanksgiving Road trip California
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?