This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://purelifegreencoffeebeanadvice.com/bellacelle-eye-cream/
- 2 http://www.beaudermaskincare.com/defi-collagen-serum/
- 3 Carlsbad Emergency Locksmith | LockTechs
- 4 Miami airport--safety??
- 5 Harmony Thai Massage Houston
- 6 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 7 US whole month of January where to
- 8 Santa Fe, New Mexico looking for a house
- 9 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 10 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 11 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 12 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 13 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 14 Kauai-Planning ahead
- 15 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 16 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 17 Cleveland West Side Market
- 18 Recent Spam Attacks
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 21 Maui - luau question
- 22 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 23 LA/ Santa Monica with boyfriend and another couple!
- 24 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 25 Zurich airport connections
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?