This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://intelligentadvices.com/break-up-pills/
- 2 individuals are able to do lot of things that they desire.
- 3 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 4 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 5 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 6 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 7 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 8 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 9 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 10 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 11 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 12 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 13 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 16 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 17 Help us choose a hotel
- 18 Honeymoon on PCH
- 19 Magic Show
- 20 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 21 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 22 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 23 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 24 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 25 Staying outside DC
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?