This year we are contemplating to stay within the mainland and are considering florida as a 'closest' alternative to the carib islands. Any place in particular that is conducive or close to meeting the following criteria:
1) lodging unit with 2 bdrooms +1 or 2 baths, refrigerator, and full kitchen at a resort style hotel?
2) close by drive at least to shopping/supermarkets/ 'downtown' or local activities in general
3) clear shallow and calm waters for young children (ages 1-7).
4) staying for about 10 days and budget is approx. $1200 for lodging (but will accept higher if lodging is higher quality). Also, with lodging, cleanliness is a must.
5) close to car rental and/or airport (about 1 hour so drive from an airport)
Any suggestions for a place that meets this criteria?
Flying out of DC (IAD).
Thank you all in advance.
FLA-Less expensive alternative to the Caribbean? Any suggestions?
- 1 Cape Cod, Nuntucket or Martha's Vineyard
- 2 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 3 Updates from Hanalei
- 4 Best Art Museum to visit for first time visitors to DC
- 5 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 6 Columbus food !
- 7 Hotels in New Orleans
- 8 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 9 A trip to east coast vs a trip to Hawaii
- 10 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 11 San Francisco - Exploratorium
- 12 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 13 Logan Express
- 14 One day in NYC
- 15 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 16 Great Beach's
- 17 Charleston, SC and Wild Dunes
- 18 National Parks?
- 19 Death Valley in November
- 20 Hotels in NYC 26th-29th August (2013)
- 21 Blue ridge parkway
- 22 Minnesota State Fair
- 23 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 24 Jackson Hole & Yellowstone
- 25 Best ice cream in Charleston