I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 louisiana bayou
- 2 October in Colorado
- 3 Yellowstone in the Winter
- 4 myrtle beach
- 5 7 days in Colorado
- 6 Brainstorming - city to visit for disabled young man
- 7 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 8 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 9 North Fork Vineyards/ Greenport Long Island trip planning
- 10 Nova Star
- 11 Trip To Anchorage, Alaska
- 12 Getting from Denver International Airport to the city and other places
- 13 Grand Canyon Railway and Hotel?
- 14 4 Days in LV
- 15 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 16 Philadelphia hotels near public transportation but not in city center
- 17 Taos area Spa or Resort Hotels
- 18 7 days in Colorado with Family
- 19 Minneapolis to Yellowstone and back.
- 20 Best Colorado City?: hot summers, mild winters
- 21 Hwy76 vs 70 to CO Springs
- 22 Visiting Cape Code, MA
- 23 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015
- 24 Hilton Head
- 25 Napa winery tour that doesn't require walking? (Eldery person in our group)