I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Icloud@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Metropolitan Movers Newmarket GTA North
- 3 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 4 A great gift for various occasions
- 5 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 6 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 9 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 10 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 11 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 12 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 13 Child safe Hawaii beaches in late October
- 14 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 15 Oahu condo-Ilikai
- 16 transportation from JFK to Newark airport 1 way
- 17 road trip
- 18 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 19 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 20 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 21 Florida in October
- 22 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 23 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 FLL to Key West