I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 2 Birthday vacation ideas
- 3 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 4 driving RT 66
- 5 From Newark to Manhattan
- 6 once in a lifetime
- 7 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 8 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 9 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 10 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 11 Hotels Houston
- 12 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 13 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 14 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 15 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 16 1st trip to DC - for 2 nights
- 17 Long Weekend in Denver
- 18 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 19 Monument Valley
- 20 Sedona lodging
- 21 Northern California 13-day Itinerary
- 22 Tioga Pass
- 23 48 Hours in NYC
- 24 Where to visit out east
- 25 Orlando to Vermont