I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 2 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 3 Circle Oahu / luau
- 4 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 7 Backpacking in April
- 8 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 11 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 12 Four days in DC
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 15 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 16 3 nights in Nashville
- 17 One Night at Logan Airport
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Please help with itinerary
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 24 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 25 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?