I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 2 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 3 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 4 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 5 California Coast Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 6 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 7 USA family tour
- 8 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 9 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 10 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 11 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 12 Los Angeles area wildflower viewing?
- 13 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 14 Broadway Review - Show & Dinner
- 15 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 16 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 Here Are Our Interests, Now What Would You Add to Seattle?
- 19 Costco Travel
- 20 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 21 Philly Itinerary Help
- 22 10 days in Alaska. Help please
- 23 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 24 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 25 There's a Tulip Field in Texas!