I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 2 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 3 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 4 Barrow Alaska
- 5 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 6 Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 8 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 9 Park City Utah
- 10 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 Maine in latter half of September
- 13 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 14 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 15 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 Colorado trip
- 18 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 19 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 20 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 21 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles
- 22 Alaska- Best tours
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Tucson
- 24 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 25 First visit in New Mexico