I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 2 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 3 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 4 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 5 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 6 while helping you get the wonderful grin
- 7 Relocation Decision- Charlotte NC, Charleston, SC or Houston Texas
- 8 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 11 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 12 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 13 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 14 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 17 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 18 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 19 Boston waterfront Italian
- 20 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 21 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 22 Kids Vacation Place
- 23 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 24 Napa valley getaway
- 25 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!