I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 2 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 3 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 4 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 7 Best places to move to Florida?
- 8 Question about Miami travel
- 9 Salt Lake City
- 10 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 14 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 15 Locker at JFK
- 16 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 21 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 22 Key Largo, FL
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 25 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??