I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 3 USA trip
- 4 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 5 Chicago Questions
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Air Connections on Maui
- 8 camaro hire in waikiki
- 9 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 10 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 11 Timeshare Nightmares
- 12 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 13 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 14 Breckenridge in October
- 15 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 16 Orlando for Work
- 17 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 18 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 19 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 20 NBA tickets??
- 21 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 22 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 23 charlotte
- 24 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 25 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please