I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 2 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 3 Puerto Rico in December - how much can we do?
- 4 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 5 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 6 Cape Cod
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Panama City beach or other suggestion
- 9 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 10 San Diego with Kids
- 11 Tour companies
- 12 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 13 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 14 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 15 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 16 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 17 Which botanical garden is the best in Kauai?
- 18 Road Trip! Philadelphia to Montreal and Quebec
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 21 Getting around the Big Island
- 22 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 23 best of yellowstone
- 24 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 25 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?