I usually post on the Asia Forum as we usually spend some winter weeks in Asia to get out of the cold New England winters.. This year I am planning a 17 day trip to FL, the Carolinas and Georgia for our March trip and I would like your input, especially concerning the # of days I have scheduled for each place we plan to visit. We are flying into West Palm Beach and flying out of Charleston, SC.
My tentative itinerary is :
3 nights -West Palm beach to visit relatives. We will pick up a rentall car on the 3rd day and begin our trip
2 nights - Miami to visit Everglades NP, and see South Beach
1 night-Bonita Springs resort for beach time
2 nights-Sarasota for Ringling Museum
2 nights-St Augustine for historic sights
1 night Beaufort to visit the low country (is this enough nights to visit Beaufort and the barrier islands)
3 nights Savannah- for historic sights (stopping on the way at Hilton Head just to see what it looks like)
4 nights Charleston- for historic sights
We like history, architecture, culture (Gulah) and good food, especially BBQ. We do not like shopping.
What do you think about the way I have allotted time, considering the time it will take to drive from one place to another?. We like pretty full days. Sightseeing and driving from 10 am to 6 PM would be ideal. We do not enjoy a lot of downtime on our trips.
Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
FL, Carolinas, and Georgia in 14-18 days
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 4 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 5 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 8 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 Timeshare Nightmares
- 13 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 14 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 15 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 16 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 17 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 18 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 19 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 20 Phoenix restaurants
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 23 10 day trip to California
- 24 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 25 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?